All reviews front desk hot tub wedding guests very nice hotel would stay here again great place to stay business hotel business trip convenient location fitness center shuttle service pleasant surprise easy access pleasant stay comfortable beds train station staff was friendly
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I checked in and the clerk was very friendly, however 15 minutes later upon leaving, he greeted me as if we had never met.
The breakfast isn't too bad for your standard hotel breakfast, and is all-you-can-eat which is pretty good for a hot cooked meal. Your options are a little limited though.
The fitness centre could use something besides a couple treadmills and 3 dumbbells.
The complimentary internet is dead slow at >2mbps.

Overall, I would not stay here again for the astronomical price they charge for a room (at the government rate even). You can get a lot nicer down the road.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
DanteGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2016

Dear Chris K
Thank you for your recent stay. Our property strives on great customer service. As you know we've recently renovated the hotel and have a few more updates. I hope when your travels bring you back to the Shelton area you consider staying with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

I stayed here three nights for business. The hotel itself and the rooms are clean, large, and well-appointed. My room had a king bed and a small desk for work. There was a mini fridge and a microwave which made storing leftovers and snacks easy. The bathroom seemed modern. The shower was glass and probably my one complaint. You basically had to be inside the shower to turn it on since the faucet was behind a solid glass wall. Which meant you were either going to get blasted in one small part of your body (my head in my case) while trying to reach in and turn on from outside, or you were going to get fully blasted with cold water while inside the shower. Odd design.

The location was pretty good. I feel like Connecticut in general is just inconvenient unless you are very familiar with it. Lots of little towns are linked together with trees and curves on the road separating them, but it's only a minute's drive.
There are no sidewalks or crosswalks by this hotel, like most of CT I saw. There's a Starbucks, couple of small restaurants, and a bar directly across the street, but you can't get there because there is no light or crosswalk. And that street is very busy. Now if you have a car, there are lots of shops within a mile or so - Walmart, Petsmart (or Petco), AT&T, Verizon, etc. But you cannot walk anywhere, except the restaurant next door of the hotel or the liquor store and Dress Barn on the other side. We ended up Ubering to a pug only a half mile away...

The hotel serves breakfast which is popular. And has free coffee most or all day. Overall a pretty enjoyable stay.

Dear EZ2JMS

Thank you for you're detailed review of our area. We pride ourselves on our guest and customer satisfaction. As you know our hotel was recently renovated and the bathroom design is an area were are always trying to improve on. Our guest input is important to us. We do hope if your travels bring you back to the Norwalk area you consider staying with us.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Our family stayed here while visiting the Maritime Aquarium. We had an awesome stay, my kids loved it (especially the pool) Everything was wonderful, including the staff. Would definitely stay here again. One of the guest did leave the pool door open so we had a little visitor in the pool water (a little baby frog) my daughter and hubby just took him out and put him back outside but the kids loved the excitement of a frog in the pool.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Radics

Thank you for your review. Our location and convenience to local attractions are keys to our properties success. Thank you for assisting with our little visitor. I'm glad things worked out well. Families such as yourself along with customer satisfaction are indeed a highlight for our team.

Thank you again for your stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

The hotel experience was better than expected. Breakfast is buffet style with a chef who takes custom orders for only $13-14/day. Rooms are clean and besides the onsite gym in the hotel, you can get a free day pass to LA fitness nearby. The staff is very friendly and parking is complimentary.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Great hotel was business and pleasure alike. Easy access to Highway, free on-call shuttle will take you wherever, comped first day stay breakfast was terrific. Complimentary coffee station set up in lobby all day. Very accomdating and friendly staff. Nothing great to walk to. Lots of parking. Easy, comfortable stay in renovated room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn