“Such a Delightful Place to Stay”

Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Old Saybrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I found the Deacon Timothy Pratt via a recommendation from friends who had stayed a number of years ago. But was i surprised when i arrived. I was greeted warmly by the Inn Keeper Pat. Who brought me inside to see around the beautiful colonial house. She introduced me to the new owner Eileen who has so welcoming and helpful.
I stayed for 5 days in the Gambrel room on the first floor. It was just a delightful room. My only comment would be the portable a/c was a little noisy but Eileen told me she was hoping over the winter to install central a/c throughout the property as the vents are already in place.
The Breakfast was just amazing, i am limited to certain types of food and Eileen went out of her way to ensure i got sufficient. It was like being part of the family sitting round the dining table.
Eileen told me she had only taken over the property about 9 weeks prior to my stay, in that time she has redecorated and replaced a lot of the furnishings with period pieces more in keeping with the property and era it was built.
I cannot recommend this property more highly and i wish Eileen well in her new venture. I certainly look forward to my next stay when i next visit Connecticut.
The Italian themed Cafe and Ice Cream business next door is also now run by Eileen and her business partners. A delight the ice cream is authentic italian, as i write this i am sitting in Rome Italy on my final stop on this holiday enduring a heatwave its 40 degrees outside id love some of the gelato right now. Fino alla prossima volta (Until the next time).

Room Tip: All Rooms are just perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The property is historic and beautiful. The staff is so nice and goes above and beyond. They have bikes you can use to go to nearby beaches. I choose the suite and really liked the feel of it with so many windows and jacuzzi tub. Try the Gelato next door. Will be back!

Room Tip: The Suite is Great
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Can't say anything bad about the B&B! My wife and went there for our 1 year anniversary and it was everything we hoped, and more. The main house has a ton of character, and is everything you'd expect an antique Colonial to be. The owner gave a sneak preview tour of the space they are renovating next door. I'm very happy that they are maintaining all of the Colonial charm while bringing it to a modern standard. Also, the food needs to be mentioned, as each day that we were served breakfast was better than the day before. Everyone on staff was very friendly and welcoming, and went above & beyond to make our stay even better. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I could not have had a more pleasant stay at the Deacon Timothy Pratt House. We stayed in both the Library Room(more historical feel) and the Miss James Room( historical with modern twist and newly renovated). Immediately upon arrival, we were welcomed and felt at home in this beautiful bed and breakfast. If you are looking to get away from it all and journey back in time, then this is the place to stay. The owner Eileen was present at the house throughout our stay and was a wellspring of historical knowledge and recommendations. The three course breakfast was a delicious series of fruit, Italian crouisannts and varying main courses. On Saturday, there was even a guitar player creating the perfect atmosphere while we enjoyed breakfast. We also borrowed the beach pass and were provided with sunscreen and beach towels for our trip to Harvey Beach. Our weekend couldn't have been more memorable! If you are visiting Old Saybrook, we highly recommend staying at the Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed and Breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed this past weekend, as I was a bridesmaid at a wedding down the street. I received a very warm welcome when I arrived and was given a tour with a history of the home. On Saturday morning I had to leave very early for hair and makeup, missing breakfast which is from 8:30-10. The wonderful innkeeper went out of her way to prepare me coffee and juice, a yogurt parfait, and a fruit spread before I left. She also packed me muffins to take with me, as I had a long day ahead of me. The owner was also there, and let me know if the bridal party needed anything, umbrellas, etc., to let her know. This was so nice since the wedding was not even here. The innkeeper then walked me to my car with an umbrella so my dress would not get wet! My boyfriend was not part of the bridal party and arrived at the B&B separate from me. He was received with as warm a welcome as I did. The Gambrel room was beautiful and we slept very well! The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning/ceiling fan kept the room cool. On Sunday, we enjoyed a lovely breakfast outside. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. We felt as if everyone went above and beyond making us feel welcome! We would certainly stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This charming bed and breakfast proved a delightful getaway in an area of CT that has lots of history. New owners have made every effort to decorate elegantly making every room in the inn inviting. Bedrooms are big and the suite is perfect for family. Breakfast is a treat around a long table with other guests. Everyone was friendly and very social on the rainy morning. Made for bright atmosphere inside and even drove the clouds away! The owners supplied historical stories to understand background of buildings and town. Will definitely return for more.

Room Tip: The suite has big bathroom and small room with twin bed as well as queen bed in large room with fire...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ildi469
Reviewed 19 April 2017

This was our second stay at Timothy Pratt. We chose the beautifully appointed suite up one flight of somewhat challenging Colonial stairs. Well worth it for the spacious, comfortable, beautifully decorated room with a fireplace, very large charming bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and lots of storage...and another small bedroom. Breakfast by the fire was lovely and superior. An enchanting getaway in every way.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
8.3 km away
The Copper Beech Inn
The Copper Beech Inn
#1 of 2 in Ivoryton

Been to Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!