All reviews outback steakhouse new haven smelled damp business trip bistro staff sports channels one night stay off the highway king room room was clean and comfortable coffee maker mini fridge loveseat housekeeping ct starbucks college
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Clean and large rooms. Friendly service at the front desk, helpful and good advice regarding traffic problems during the morning commute into NYC.

Peaceful location to rest.

Lots of parking, and easy to find off the highway.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

It is what you would expect a courtyard to be like. The rooms were very clean. We arrived late at night, but the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this motel again if in the area. I really do not have a lot to say as this motel was like other courtyards and was clean.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Courtyard’s main draw is the balconies and fresh air. Unfortunately although it is first come first serve normally, this place has refused me a balcony room on false pretense once before(place was not sold out). I did early mobile check-in this time, but they allowed preferred guests who had not yet arrived first choice rooms. Together with the architectural changes omitting actual courtyards, this brand is trying to lose me.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Mike F, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I'm sorry we did not see your balcony request on your reservation and were unable to find you a room with one. Unfortunately, less than half of our rooms have this feature. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to deliver on your request for a balcony in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Orange.

Mike Ferguson

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We enjoyed this hotel for many reasons. It was quiet and peaceful after a long stressful drive. They have a convenient little bistro-style food area, where they serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a quick snack - including a glass of wine for mom! The staff were GREAT! The only thing that would make this a better stay, is if they would give you a coupon for a discount on breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2018

Recently spent two nights in a king room with the fold out single bed loveseat. It was really nice to have a king bed for my husband and I, and on the second night, our daughter which we were picking up from college, was able to join us and utilize the fold out. The first room I was given was beautiful also, but the A/C was a bit loud. I asked for another room and that A/C unit had a different looking control panel and obviously newer. It was slightly quieter, and I stayed there. Paul Mitchell products allowed me to leave my liters of shampoo and conditioner at home. Nice! The shower was quite hygienic. There is a blow dryer, but it's hanging in a bag in the closet behind you if you're looking in the mirror at the vanity/sink. Also an iron/board. Overall, this room offered so much. Mini-fridge kept everything cold. Didn't use the microwave. The curved loveseat and entire color scheme of the room created a tranquil respite after 10 hours of driving. The TV was great. Hubby loved the picture on the LG and found at least 5 sports channels. There was enough room in the drawers for our clothes. In the bottom drawer, you'll find the necessary coverings for the fold out. Didn't use the single cup coffeemaker. We actually bring our own full size and a bean grinder, as well as a trivet to leave no damage. There was plenty of room on the lamp table with their coffee maker to set this up. I also really have to express it's great that all the lamps have outlets, for all that charging, and the little laptop side table near the curved loveseat was great, too. Underneath the table with the coffee maker and lamp, is yet another rolling desk you can completely pull out and rearrange, with an added desk chair. The amount of furnishings was nearly luxurious. I could easily have lived there. The A/C was not quiet, but I have insomnia and travel with ear plugs. Blackout drapes were perfect, as my new room faced south and I didn't need the heat of the day. It was just great. I can't say enough. The bed was also better than one in downtown New Haven at a very expensive hotel. The covers were light, and yet warm. Everything was clean and washable/had been washed. First hotel I ever had seven pillows on the bed. :) Unless I find something guaranteed to be better, I'll be back there next time, in three months. Check out Julia's Bakery on Route 1, around the corner almost. Best cannoli!

Room Tip: Call the front desk with special requests. They'll do everything they can for you.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family