“Best bakery, Best Breakfast, Best Lunch for the money”
Review of Bolo Bakery

Bolo Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Plainville
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 15, 2017

We visit at least once or twice a week while in Connecticut. Can't get a better breakfast for under $10 anywhere! Lunch is just as good. Small menu, but something for everyone. The bakery items are just as good to look at as to eat. Best carrot cake, cookies, pies, breads, hard rolls, jelly donuts, etc. YUM!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I ordered a cake for my son's graduation party and I couldn't have been happier. With only gave the school logo and vague directions about what to put on it, they produced a nicely decorated cake with a mortarboard on top. I'm not particularly fond of fondant, but this was good and not too gummy. The cake itself was moist and delicious and the chocolate mousse was perfect. I'll definitely order from them again.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way home and were in the mood for a sit-down breakfast. We decided to try Bolo since it was on our way home and had good reviews.

You'll find a nice local spot that serves breakfast and lunch with an awesome Portuguese and Italian bakery (have a wedding, ask about their wedding cakes.)

You can expect hands on service and nice size entree portions. Prices are reasonable. There is counter service if you're dining solo. If you're a party of six or more I would call in advance, their dining room is small.

There bakery items are delicious and serve as a nice treat to take home.

While this is not in my neighborhood, I liked the food and service and would come back.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant alone on a hot weekday around noon and sat in a booth. I went there in the mood for breakfast food which i understood to be available all day. Unfortunately, breakfast wasn't available because they were slow. So, I ordered fish tacos with a salad. Salad was fresh with a balsamic vinegarette dressing. Fish tacos were moist strips of salmon. Food was average. Service was below average. Waitress didn't check on me. I had to go to counter to get check.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I've had breakfast numerous times and the service, food and portions are great. The french toast with walnuts are great which comes with fresh fruit or fried potatoes. Portuguese rolls and breads are always fresh. Pastries, donuts and cakes are to die for. Make sure you take something home from the bake case.Located in the center of Plainville, CT with parking in front and rear. There are about 10 tables and pretty busy on the weekends. Wait times are very quick.

Been to Bolo Bakery? Share your experiences!