“Great Food and Service”

Spartan II Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Plantsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We were planning to be near this restaurant, and liked what we read on Trip Advisor. We are very happy with our decision to eat here. The staff is very friendly, and our server Joelle couldn't have been any more helpful. The menu is extensive, and the prices are reasonable. We both had the Chicken Tuscany salad, and théurgiste Special Cold Cut Grinder. We brought home a pizza, which is Greek-Style. All the dishes were fabulous. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Spartan II Pizza Restaurant

Reviewed 18 December 2016

I came here with a group of friends to have a holiday meal, and while the food was pretty good and the service prompt, our party was also seated at a couple of tables right by the bar, so it was noisy. It made it hard to hear friends at other ends of the table, even though I was sitting in the middle. The waitress did separate everyone's checks, which was helpful of her.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

It had been quite awhile since we had been to Spartan II, but we recently made the trip from out of town, and were not disappointed, too much. Food there has always been excellent, and with large proportions, and the same for the service. On this occasion, we did have a couple minor problems worth noting, at least for management. First, since their small bar area is only separated from the restaurant by a partial glass partition, the noise from the New England Patriot fans celebrating the teams late game success was quite disruptive to quiet dining, and somewhat annoying since it was not exactly a Super Bowl game. The server problem had to do with the oven grinder selection I made, where neither me or the young man taking our order thought to specify the dressing. When I was able to get his attention, I asked what the kitchen would put on it since it wasn't specified. I understood him to say they would put oil, vinegar and mayo, which were the stated options. I specifically asked him to make it oil and vinegar, no mayo, When it came, at first I was not able to tell, because of the melted American cheese, but between my taste buds and further inspection, it sure appeared to be mayo. By the time he came around, it was too late to do anything, but surely wasn't to my liking. Still good, plenty big, and my wife's chicken marsala was much to her liking.

1  Thank MeridenTW
Reviewed 29 October 2016

We had been there twice before but only for the pizza, which was good. We decided to go there for a meal and were extremely disappointed. The service was good and the review reflects poorly on the food not the staff.

We had chicken fingers and garlic bread with cheese as an appetizer. I should say as an unappetizer. The chicken was hard and the garlic bread merely a slap of italian bread wth garlic butter and a few slices of unmelted cheese. It was passable,

Someone in the party had French Onion Soup and it was at best cool/warm and sweet. The veal parmesian was not appetizing, a slab of cheese placed over a piece of cheap veal and placed under a broiler. The coup de grace was the Chicken Francais which was cool and made someone nauseous. I would not be surprised if the eggs were stored at room temp! The pasta accompanying the dishes was undercooked.

The side order of meatballs was tasty - good news.

We will never return for real food, but will continue to go there for pizza when we are in the area.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Very nice family restaurant with a separate bar area. Consistently good food, friendly and efficient staff, great value!!