I checked in and paid for a week in advance at 1:15 pm on Wednesday May 21, 2014. I was told I could not access the room until 3 pm. My wife and I went on with plans to visit family in the area. Upon returning, we entered the room to find it absolutely reeked of cigarettes and alcohol. I called the front desk to complain, and was only told, "That's the only room we have available." I went to the front desk and spoke to a man I later found out was the establishment's owner. I asked if he was aware of the room's condition, and instead of making any effort to appease me, he simply said, "There are other hotels in the area, we'll just give you your money back and you can go to one of them!"
He refunded my money, it is the only thing this motel did do correctly. Based on my personal experience having paid for a room at this motel, I cannot recommend anyone who uses TripAdvisor to stay here. It is dirty, it smells bad, and the owner is rude to customers.More