“"Wonderful"”
Review of green ROCKS inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ridgefield
green ROCKS inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Ridgefield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“"Wonderful"”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

When my partner and I decided to marry, I was left at the mercy of the internet to find a location and a state that it was legal in. Being a New Yorker the most logical place at the time was CT. I stumbled upon the Green Rocks site and made a call with not much expectation. To my surprise I was greeted warmly and immediately felt a connection with the person on the other end. I was right! We set up an appointment and went to meet the wonderful innkeepers and planned our date. The wedding went off without a hitch and was incredibly beautiful. Every detail was taken care of and the ceremony was so moving. The innkeepers were gracious and professional. Our experience was a pure delight. We will be visiting this year to renew our vows and look forward to another great experience. Green Rocks Inn really does ROCK!!!

Kelli & Flo

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My 11yr. old daughter and I spent two nights at the Green Rocks Inn and I must say it was the most relaxed we have been in a very long time. Natacha and barbara went above and beyond for us to feel welcome and at home. The breakfast set up was lovely. Natacha made everything from scratch and it was amazing, it was our first french experience. The inn is in impeccable shape and it always smells as if someone was baking, we loved that. I would recommend this B & B for couples, families and even for one who wishes to get away and spend some alone time. My daughter is not the easiest person to please, so if she enjoyed herself then I believe you all will. She did not want to leave. We will definetly be back sooner rather than later

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline S
Bellevue, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at green ROCKS inn on 2 separate occasions with my German Shepherd. We had great experiences both times. Finding a place to stay with a large dog like mine can prove a challenge and because of his breed many simply won't even allow him. He is an elderly dog and has a number of medical issues but Barbara and Natacha went above and beyond to accommodate us. They made us both very comfortable and welcome. I really appreciated that they were concerned with his well being. The grounds are beautiful and spacious so that I could walk him around. The rooms are extremely clean and they even fixed us a "doggie" bag of snacks for the long drive back to Kentucky. I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie F
Tyringham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We recently spent the weekend at Green Rocks again - it was as high quality as one could possibly provide for the price and just as good as we remembered from our last visit.
Every aspect has been well thought out - its very apparent that the owners are well traveled. All of a visitor's needs are met perfectly with high quality good taste that involves so much extra effort on the part of the owners.
Their home is very pretty - beautiful interesting things from all over the world in just the right balance with lots of sitting areas. And every square inch is pristine clean!
This visit we had the chance to relax with our two grown-up children and have a wonderful breakfast that was truly delicious and excellently prepared and served - nothing mediocre here!
I just recently stayed in two 5 star Hotels in Boston. They are wonderful for sure but Green Rocks, though a bed and breakfast, offers a very similar high quality satisfying experience. Anyone who isn't absolutely thrilled to be so lucky to find such a great place to stay doesn't really know very much about overnight accommodations! I do, I've traveled a bit and I owned my own inn for 18 years! I highly recommend Green Rocks Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Novato, California
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I would second the many favorable reviews. Natacha and Barbara are excellent innkeepers! When my youngest daughter and I arrived we were immediately greeted with such warmth, both are very personable and welcoming. We stayed three nights, they were so accommodating in every way....breakfast was amazing! The innkeepers keep getting write-ups and awards, they deserve each and everyone of of them! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Our stay at the inn was everything we had hoped for and more; the inn was so peaceful and welcoming and Natasha and Barbara were gracious innkeepers. We had lots of laughs with them, and they were accommodating in every way. Every detail was well appointed. We left feeling rejuvenated and we cannot wait to return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The owner of this B&B has a very harsh, bullying demeanor. Even though she claims otherwise, she obviously does not like small children. When her rude insistence that we police our son made us feel uncomfortable and we decided to leave early, she did not apologize but simply announced that she would charge us for the night we did not stay.
If you don't have children, this might be less of a problem. But the prices are clearly overblown, and this B&B is not only extremely expensive. It will also charge you an additional $ 18 if you would like Egg Benedict in the morning (we did not have any breakfast, because we just wanted leave as soon as we could). To be sure, the rooms are clean but they are not worth these prices, and the ground is just next to CT-35.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank S A
barbarasimkins, Owner at green ROCKS inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
As owners of green Rocks inn, it is so very important that we remain open and responsive to all guest comments, criticisms, and needs. Nothing is more important to us than the comfort and well being of our guests. Unfortunately, we find that on rare occasions such as this, there is nothing we can do to please a guest. Even more rare is the occasion when we host a guest that becomes this bitter. A child was clearly abusing the inn's property and a good deal of racket was being made. In order to protect our other guests' experience, as well as the inn's contents and furnishings, we had no choice but to step in and ask for consideration and respect. When we politely asked these parents to more closely supervise their child, their feelings got hurt. For the hurt feelings, regardless of the gap between perception and reality , we are sorry. We never intended, nor do we ever want, anyone to feel uncomfortable.

We have the confidence that guests will treat their fellow guests, as well as contents and furnishings of the inn, with gentle respect. We remain grateful that the vast majority of our guests are kind and considerate. They are a pleasure to host.

Finally, and regarding the comment about "Eggs Benedict": in addition to our full, hearty organic breakfast, we do have an a la Carte menu however "Eggs Benedict" is not on it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield
8.4 km away
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
#1 of 12 in Norwalk
18.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk

Been to green ROCKS inn? Share your experiences!