“Awesome food and atmosphere ”

Foundry Kitchen & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Sandy Hook
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub & Tavern Serving Newtown area. Outdoor Dining overlooking Pootatuk River. Events Space, Warner Loft can accommodate up to 85 guests.
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Found Sandy Hook, short drive off I84, on our way to New England. Great halfway point.
Lunch on the deck overlooking babbling brook was incredible. Mediterranean Salad including olives hummus feta! and spinach salad with bacon bits egg with balsamic dressing. Couldn’t be better!

Kate N, Owner at Foundry Kitchen & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much Paul. We appreciate your awesome review!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We have frequented the Foundry for a couple years now. We have had Sunday Brunch, lunch, dinner and just drinks. The food is always top notch...very creative, beautifully presented, amazing flavor profiles. Lots of exotic meats, fruits and veggies that are simply prepared and pack a huge punch! True genius. Always leave room for dessert! Their fresh takes on classic desserts are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. I prefer to dine outside on the deck, especially when the river is flowing after a storm, but inside is well appointed with its local and eclectic flavor. A bit dark and romantic. Love their serving pieces, mismatched plates and wood planks and boards. All in all, a trip to the Foundry will always leave the epicurean satisfied and looking forward to the next opportunity to sample more of their amazing menu offerings.

1  Thank Teri K

Thank you so much Teri for this AMAZING review! We just updated the menu so we hope you can come explore the food some more! We appreciate your repeat business.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Foundry is good, I’ve been a few times. I’m not usually “wowed” at the food, but the seating is amazing. Outside overlooking the river. A cute lunch spot.

Thank you Sara for your review. We just updated the menu so we hope you can find something that WOWs you next time!

Reviewed May 26, 2018

My colleague and I had lunch before the holidays. She ordered fish tacos and I the curry rice bowl w/chicken and a poached quail egg; the waitress responded excellent choices, and she was right! We both throughly enjoyed our meals and the friendly service. The tacos we're a hit and I cannot stop thinking about the scrumptious curry. I cannot wait to return!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Took my family out to dinner. We had a reservation but it took over 10 minutes to seat us
Our waitress was wonderful but we were told there were technical issues.
Two of our party ordered the lamb shanks which were the only decent meals. Three had under cooked scallops, I had the strip steak which was thin and overdone. We found the food over priced, no refills on kids drinks and the wait for the food was beyond ridiculous. When we mentioned this we were told of technical issues again and had to argue for a comp on the meal which we eventually go. Would I eat here again? Never, extremely slow service, very overpriced food and attentiveness by wait staff was extremely lacking. .I would not in any way recommend eating here. Very Very poor and I am not one to cfomplain!