All reviews front desk place to stay alarm clock many businesses the hotel is clean quiet location bed was comfortable hot chocolate nice stay kitchenette pets amenities funeral laundry employees
Reviewed June 13, 2016

The room was very nice $ clean. The workers were very nice & helpful. The location was a beautiful location. The location was a good place for the hotel. It was a very good place to stay to go do things.

Room Tip: The hotel location is a beautiful place.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our helpful staff during your visit with us. As well, I'm happy that our location met your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We lok forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

I am so happy to stay in this hotel!!! Everybody who works in this hotel is very nice and professional!!! Julpha, catrina, george and others, i don't remember all the names thank you for taking such a good care of us!! And keep doing good job!!! Thanks to you all!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. I am glad our staff were accommodating and professional. I will be sure to inform them on what a great job they did. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

I originally was going to stay for four nights, but ended up checking out after two. Because you have to prepay, my credit card was charged before I ever spent the first night there. When I checked out I was told that my credit card would get credited for the two unused nights by the following day. A week later I am still waiting for the credit. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Free wifi, but have to pay to receive faster service
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the billing issues you experienced and that our payment policies didn't meet your expectations. When a refund is made, it can take up to seven business days for the credit to be processed. Please contact us at SHL2@extendedstay.com so we can further investigate the status for you. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

Place was below average...

1)To start hotel was booked online. Never did it give me an option of smoking or non. When i got there with my bf she gave us the keys to our "smoking room". I thought she was legit joking. I asked to change it she said i would have to contact Travelocity first. Then changed her tune and said oh let me see maybe i can change it... Then she said yea people have been complaining about this all night. Luckily for us she changed it for us. We were grateful!!

2) Not clean! bathroom had mold in tub. And coating of tub was peeling. In addition, sheets had stains and holes.

3) false advertisement. Online said free breakfast. Their free breakfast is really called grab and go.. It consisted of coffee, oatmeal, and pre packaged disgusting muffins. This was really aggravating because the main reason why i chose this place was for the "free breakfast". Learned my lesson. Next time i am going to call whatever hotel i book first and ask what the breakfast consists of. The room where "breakfast" was did not even have space to eat.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2016

One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. The mobile service/reception in the rooms is virtually non-existent. The wi-fi was so slow that it kept freezing my internet connection on my phone. The cell service was so terrible that I had to go out into the hallway to make a phone call. And speaking of the hallway, I was three doors down from the 'trash room', and who knows how long it had been sitting there. I could smell the trash room down in my room (251). The exit doors were really loud and slammed every time anyone came in or out. The outside card reader that allowed me to park near my room worked about 10% of the time, so I was stuck with the longest walks to get back to my room. I went down for breakfast at 9:30 and it had been cleaned up already. No breakfast at 9:30 on a Saturday? I will never stay in this hotel ever again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am in the process of retraining our housekeeping staff to ensure our property is thoroughly cleaned and inspected to our company’s high standards. I will also work with our maintenance engineer to make sure our card readers are working properly. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.