“One of the best Courtyard stays”
Review of Courtyard Shelton

Courtyard Shelton
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Just had a very good one night stay at this hotel. A great look from updated lobby to gear lobby bar. Newly renovated room was spacious and well appointed. Receptionist was courteous and very obliging. Even to the point of addressing us by our names two hours after we checked in. Kudos to the staff.

I will definitely put this on my travel list

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Cozy business hotel. Was pleasantly surprised here. It is well maintained and the rooms are comfortable. Usually it is hard to find restaurants in Marriott property in North america, but these guys have a decent bistro. Not expensive

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I don't know how long this has been a Courtyard but Marriott does seem to be working on some cosmetic issues in the lobby. That being said the room was clean with a good firm mattress. But the staff is what made this facility special. Desperately needed some coffee this AM but Bistro was closed due to painting. The woman running check-in offered to make coffee and was more than happy to oblige. Haven't been in Shelton in many many years and it has changed tremendously. Convenient to reach from Merritt Pkwy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CYSheltonMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Mkoi56,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton as well as providing us with your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the staff at the Courtyard, Shelton. I will be sure to share this review with the Hotel Team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I love the hotel from the moment I parked my car to checking in. Ample of parking; Didn't expect to see a nice, spacious and modern lobby; The Gym and swimming pool is conveniently located close to the Lobby. A bar to chill in the evening; I love my morning breakfast at the Starbucks with full breakfast service at the Lobby right across the Front Desk - dining while watching TV located in my little round booth. The room is very clean and spacious in spite of the sofa and office desk. Décor is simple but modern. Bathroom is very clean. Conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Room #525 overlooking the A/C units; But the room is good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CYSheltonMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Winnie C,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton as well as providing us with your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and were able to use the hotel's amenities. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to Shelton, CT. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The internet here is very weak at best always dropping off hard to do work from hotel room. Front desk staff is average at best, and very inexperienced, maid staff good, but hotel is a little run down.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CYSheltonMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as providing the hotel with your feedback. I am terribly sorry to hear about the challenges with the internet and I have followed up with our provider for their immediate review and resolution. The hotel continues to work with & train the new associates at the Front Desk and is committed to providing a positive arrival experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I hosted my first - 2017 Family Reunion in Connecticut this year . The staff at Courtyard Marriott were AWESOME !!!! I must say that each and every member of this hotel WENT ALL OUT for me and my family. They made this event an success !. From check - In to the event was a easy and the Food was absolutely DELICIOUS. I just can't say enough about my experience. My family are still talking about how wonderful time they had here. I personally want to say " Thank You" to Nicole Knapik, catering sales manager, Joslynn Hernandez Sales Coordinator and Arvin Berano Sales manager. AMAZING TEAM !!! BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL. FROM THE BROADWATER FAMILY

Room Tip: All rooms are GREAT
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We were so impressed with both the management & service personnel's performance during our stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Shelton,CT. The accommodations, the bistro,the market and the pool complimented our visit with our family. The general manager, Alan Miller and his staff have always been courteous and companionate with our needs. This last visit we were attended to by Zarait,Momoza,Alec and Madeline at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
0.6 km away
1.9 km away
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
9.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Milford

Been to Courtyard Shelton? Share your experiences!