All reviewsfront deskmarriott propertybasketball tournamentroom was cleanevery weekking roomnice hotelchecking infamily reuniongreat experiencegreat roomnew havenbusiness tripbistroelevatorlobbywedding
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I was at this location for two nights for work nearby and I was very satisfied with my experience. The room was clean and comfortable and the service was A1.

In particular, I wanted to shout out Andrew at the bar. He was friendly, funny and gave me great service. I also accidentally took the signed receipt at the end of my night and if there's another way to get him my tip, please let me know!

Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Eric,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton and providing us with your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your guestroom was clean and comfortable and the service was A1. I will be sure to share this feedback with not only Andrew but the entire Courtyard, Shelton team. If you would like to recognize Andrew, feel free to email me directly and we can discuss; Amiller@waterfordhotelgroup.com

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Just had a very good one night stay at this hotel. A great look from updated lobby to gear lobby bar. Newly renovated room was spacious and well appointed. Receptionist was courteous and very obliging. Even to the point of addressing us by our names two hours after we checked in. Kudos to the staff.

I will definitely put this on my travel list

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Cozy business hotel. Was pleasantly surprised here. It is well maintained and the rooms are comfortable. Usually it is hard to find restaurants in Marriott property in North america, but these guys have a decent bistro. Not expensive

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2017

I don't know how long this has been a Courtyard but Marriott does seem to be working on some cosmetic issues in the lobby. That being said the room was clean with a good firm mattress. But the staff is what made this facility special. Desperately needed some coffee this AM but Bistro was closed due to painting. The woman running check-in offered to make coffee and was more than happy to oblige. Haven't been in Shelton in many many years and it has changed tremendously. Convenient to reach from Merritt Pkwy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CYSheltonMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Mkoi56,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton as well as providing us with your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the staff at the Courtyard, Shelton. I will be sure to share this review with the Hotel Team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I love the hotel from the moment I parked my car to checking in. Ample of parking; Didn't expect to see a nice, spacious and modern lobby; The Gym and swimming pool is conveniently located close to the Lobby. A bar to chill in the evening; I love my morning breakfast at the Starbucks with full breakfast service at the Lobby right across the Front Desk - dining while watching TV located in my little round booth. The room is very clean and spacious in spite of the sofa and office desk. Décor is simple but modern. Bathroom is very clean. Conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay in this place again.

Room Tip: Room #525 overlooking the A/C units; But the room is good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CYSheltonMgr, General Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Winnie C,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton as well as providing us with your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and were able to use the hotel's amenities. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to Shelton, CT. Thank you for staying with us.