“Perfect end to thanksgiving holiday drive”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Decided to crash halfway home and breakup the ride. We were pleasantly surprised. The property appears to have been recently upgraded and was clean with nice sized rooms. Front Desk staff was personable. Glad I read other reviews and opted for this over the Hilton Garden across the street. The breakfast was excellent as well.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Ive recently stayed at this newly renovated property for business. Upon checkin I was greated by 2 front desk workers. The two gentlemen there could not be any friendlier. I dont usually stay at Hilton hotels but the experience was just unlike anything ive experienced before. For now on when I come to the Shelton area i'll be staying at this Hampton Inn. The housekeeping staff does a wonderful job with the rooms and are very friendly. Everything about the place has a unique feeling to it. From my first interaction with a staff member to my last you can just tell that place has people with years of experience working for them. The other thing that sets the staff apart from other hotels is that you can really tell that they enjoy the kind of work they do. I mean really, when checking in I mentioned I had a long drive and was getting hungry. The front desk staff said they were about to order some dinner, if I'd like they'd order extra and share. Obviously I didnt take the offer but you can tell they really meant it and made my stay personable. I felt like they were actually there for me. I'm sure everyone gets that treatment who walks into the facility but it takes alot of dedication to do that for everyone.

I can honestly go on and on about my stay but I think ive said enough. Hampton Inn and Hilton, I must say, Ive never knew what hospitality was until I stayed here. Great job!!

1  Thank BrianS105
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, great staff and really nice rooms. I really enjoyed how spacious the bathrooms were. I was there for 4 days, 3 nights and only had breakfast one morning but it was really great. Business center was really nice as well with all new computers. Overall great stay and great hotel, I would highly recommend it to anyone coming to the Shelton area.

3  Thank VBTraveler_11
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The warm atmosphere of the Shelton Hampton Inn, greeted us as we checked in from our power outage home from the Noreaster. Every person we encountered at the front desk, was polite and smiling and we felt very rescued from our cold home. As we checked into the room, we were delighted to find immaculately clean surroundings. We were weary and were so pleased to find the room had a sitting area as well as a bedroom. We were so comfortable, and especially enjoyed the 24- hour free coffee, tea ,and hot chocolate offerings. The free breakfasts in the morning were outstanding in both food quality and service. We hope to go back there when we're not in an "escape mode" and can just enjoy the Inn.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This excellently managed, brand new hotel is immaculate. The decor is outstanding, and the staff is warm and detail oriented. The breakfast is delicious, with Belgian waffles that you can make yourself. The mattresses are "cloud nine" and live up to their name. The bedding is fresh and so comfortable you will look forward to going to bed at night. The unlimited coffee, tea, and hot chocolate near the lobby is well stocked and the beverages are hot, fresh and delicious. The guest washer and dryer work very well and are brand new and modern, as is everything, including a poster sized touch screen computer with directions, restaurant info and boarding pass printing capabilities. This is a true gem.

Room Tip: The manager told us that an indoor pool with a large slide is planned soon.
1  Thank Babs S
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Newly renovated property. Rooms excellently decorated, beautiful property, much better than the hilton garden inn across the street. No fresh cookies but do you really need to pay more for fresh cookies. Rates are soo much better for updated property, Three thumbs up.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the east give you a wonderful wake up call
2  Thank Rickie C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I travel to this area every few months to visit family, and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn this time. The last time I stayed at this property it was still an Amerisuites, at least 5 years ago. Being able to earn Hilton Honors points was a plus for me. Even though the building is about 12 years old, it felt like I was staying at a brand new hotel. The bathrooms and carpeting were much nicer than they used to be. We were right next to the elevators, but I didn't hear any noise all night, even though there was a large group staying for a wedding.

The free breakfast was more than adequate. I would put this hotel as one of my preferred choices for the area, it was right up there with the Homewood Suites in Shelton, and much nicer than the Hampton Inn a few towns away in Milford. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, with the exception of the night clerk on Saturday Night. The pool is not open yet, but it was made known on the website so there were no surprises.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, it may be a good idea to avoid the rooms on the first floor just off...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank steveskin1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
0.9 km away
7.1 km away
Hampton Inn Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
#5 of 13 in Milford

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!