“Comfortable and casual coffee!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
So. G Coffee Roaster
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Reviewed April 7, 2015

SoG is a great place to meet, relax, chat, conduct business - and have great coffee! An oasis away from the center of town.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

so g roasts their own beans. they make the best americano in ct! and all the rest is good too. super nice proprietor and staff. nice outdoor tables. inside also cozy. my favorite coffee place

Reviewed December 24, 2014

No neon lights or big signs, just three letters; "So G." This understated gathering spot is very understated but very welcoming! The warmth and comfort you feel on a cold rainy day adds to its charm. And on such days, you will want to try one of their soups. They have an adequate lists of coffees ( not as many as the celebrated west coast brewer) but then, they don't need as many. So G roasts its own beans with the aroma adding to the ambiance. Along with the soups, there are pastries and an excellent cinnamon twist that is light and flaky. I might add their latte is one of the best I have tried and attribute this to the blend of beans used. On mild winter days and during other periods of the year, I imaging sitting on their porch chatting with friends is a great way to pass an hour. Since this is on my daily route, I imagine this will become a regular stop! If you are in the area, it is worth a stop. And if you aren't, it is worth making a visit! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 19, 2014

Great little coffee spot with a lot of charm. Easy in & out with very nice workers and owner. Also had a local writer selling / sharing their book (The Disappearing Key) on a Sat. Fun spot!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

What strikes me the most is that only one person has reviewed this amazing coffee bar. My latte was the best I have had in a long time, and I am a former barista. Smooth, creamy milk, steamed to the perfect temperature and the espresso pull was fantastic. Bold flavor that blended perfectly with the milk. Had a chance to chat up the owner who was totally down-to-earth and very friendly. She took the time to explain the history of the shop and alter helped me pick out the right coffee for my rather particular coffee palette. I was also impressed that she had visited coffee fincas in Costa Rica to actually see where the coffee comes from and what is involved in getting it to her and then into our cups. Worth a little drive time if you're not from Glastonbury Portland...I am sure you will be delighted too. and my cinnamon swirl pastry was scrumptious too!

1  Thank chrisooo