“A Middle Eastern Gem in the middle of CT ”
Review of Villa of Lebanon

Villa of Lebanon
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

It was a gloomy Tuesday evening and my girlfriend and I decided to meet for dinner halfway between our homes to escape our children and husband. I halfheartedly
Chose this place based on its star review and not much else. We pulled up and exchanged skeptical glances, but who cares, there's no children whining here.

The owner Ali was engaging, funny and warm. He feels like the uncle you never knew you had. My friend and I were captivated by the menu and he patiently indulged our substitutions. We wanted Baba Ganoush over hummus. He obliged but also brought us over a complimentary hummus. I'm so glad he did, the hummus was the best I've ever had, the lemon and tahini were beautifully pungent.

I asked for Majitera (sp? Lentil rice) versus the plain rice, he proudly showed me the batch he had just finished.

By the time our plates came, between the food and Ali's boisterous laugh, the for had lifted between two tired Mama's. We ate until we couldn't anymore, and each had left overs for our dedicated husbands.

When we closed down the restaurants, Ali invited us to peak in the small, impeccable kitchen to watch him season tomorrows Kebobs.

He is a true hospitality genius. I wish I could adopt him as an uncle he portrays to be. Thanks for the hummus, baklava, life advice and laughs, Ali. We'll be back soon.

2  Thank Joshley

Reviewed March 21, 2017

Have you ever been to one of those neat little hole in the wall delis in NYC? Although definitely lacking in curb appeal with seating inside limited to a few booths, the amazing aromas and personal attention of Ali, the owner, more than makes up for it. Ali was born in Lebanon and has brought his vast experience working in restaurants both in his native country and in America to this restaurant. In celebration of her birthday my mother wanted to try a different kind of food so we ordered a mixed family platter that included hummus, Lebanese bread, chickpeas salad, kidney bean salad, stuffed grape leaves, shish tawouk, lamb, chicken shawarma and a host of other amazing foods. We had a take out platter for four, but eight people would have been more than satisfied making the price extremely reasonable. Ali's desserts are also amazing, so be sure to save room for a little something sweet!

Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

Great and friendly service, AWESOME food. Even better prices! They make some of the best falafel sandwiches.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Don't let the appearance fool you. This little gem has amazing, fresh, Lebanese food. The owner greeted us as we walked in and immediately made us feel at home. We were the first ones there at around 1230p on a Sunday, which we thought might be odd, but within a half hour, the place had tables fill up and standing orders to go.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

If you really want to enjoy yourself, get the VIP platter. Just walk right in and tell Ali "Feed me!" That is exactly what he'll do, with gusto and pleasure. The platter can easily feed 4-6 people.