“A Good once-in-a-while Place.”

Ted's Montana Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant is classy and in good taste, but not my personal every-day place. Perhaps OK for a business lunch. I enjoyed the clam chowder and the bison meat loaf, but I think the fries were over cooked and needed a lot of ketchup. The service is efficient and well informed.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I dropped by for dinner and was really pleased.
I am not from Hartford, so I pretty much pick places at random.
This place caught my eye and I waked in.
Looked at the menu, chose a local beer and the pot roast.
Neither disappointed.
The staff were there when you needed them and never overbearing.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We dined at Ted’s this afternoon and had Erin as our server. Not only was our food as good as ever, the service provided by Erin was impeccable.

Ted’s is one if or favorite local restaurants and today was no disappointment. Atmosphere and food were exactly what we’ve come to expect!

Thank you for your consistency and thank you Erin for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I made a last-minute decision to go out on St. Patrick’s Day. The restaurant had a long wait. But we got two seats at the bar right away. My wife’s crab cake and my bison burger were delicious. Steve, the bartender took very good care of us. The atmosphere was perfect. And we ended up very happy with all our choices that night. Yep. We’ll be going back.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

We had 6:15 reservations for 4 on a Saturday evening/ 2/24/18. We were seated at 6:35 PM.
We asked for rolls and it was explained it would take a while because they are baked to order. After our full order was taken and 20 minutes later, we had to remind our waitress about the rolls and glasses of wine.
The meals were, Salad w/Shrimp add on, Bison Ribeye, Pot roast, and short ribs.
No complaints on the ribeye or short ribs. The soup ordered was red bean and rice.
The soup was actually their bison chili with a scoop of rice on top. Really? Call it what it really is please as not everyone likes chili.
But when the waitress put down the plate for the pot roast, we all looked at each other! It looked like a child's portion! There wasn't enough meat to make a small sandwich. It was shredded and loaded with gravy that was running all over the plate.
The full dinner salad was ordered with no bacon or croutons. Sure enough, bacon and croutons all over with 4 medium size grilled shrimp. Sadly, it looked like bagged lettuce was dumped in a bowl and the shrimp was placed on top. The few add-ons were at the bottom so there was no knowing they had put items in that I had requested to be left out.
I am a regular patron of this restaurant and have been for years, but I think it's time to venture into new territory and find a better value.