All reviews breakfast was excellent bed and breakfast cornucopia oldfield jen antiques
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I recommend this Inn. I was travelling alone, arrived late and found a welcome letter and key downstairs. When I arrived to my room, I was immediately surprised to learn it shared a common bathroom. I will not share a bathroom, so I found the innkeepers who were more than happy to move my room to a suite with a private bath. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The room was cozy and charming. Ed brought me fresh water from the well in a carafe. Breakfast was early, but I was able to have everything I needed and was more than comfortable while chatting with Christine. I was pleasantly surprised that she charged me the rate of the cheaper room.

Room Tip: Please be aware that not all rooms have a private bath.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NJBetsy
cornucopiabnb, Owner at The Evergreen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Our historic home was built in 1818 and renovated in 1997 to provide private exclusive bathrooms for each of the guest rooms. Some of the bathrooms are en-suite and others are adjacent to the specific guest room. Each guest is also provided with a bathrobe for their comfort. We are happy to move a guest to a different room, if possible, when a change is requested.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

You may wish this was your house after you've experienced the warm hospitality of Christine and Ed. One of the most beautiful houses in Conneticut I feel sure. The room was pretty and comfortable and the bathroom like stepping back in time but with 21st century amenities. I can only imagine how lovely it would be to sit by the fire on a snowy day or be there in summer and enjoy the garden and pool. Breakfast is different each morning and if you eat en famille you get the chance to talk with people from other parts. When you want to go anywhere Christine will give you local knowledge and maps. Be warned though if you go to The Curtis House to eat you will need to be very hungry.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floridacool
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Conucopia at Oldfied B & B for two nights in early October while in CT visiting friends. We loved it from the moment we drove into the driveway, starting with the stacked stone entry and surrounding walls, the well maintained lush grounds, the pool and surrounding gardens, the picket fence and stepping stone entry flanked by flowers, culminating in Christine's warm welcome as we entered the inn. It felt like we had just arrived at home. Christine and Ed are truly cut out for this business. They are down to earth, sincerely friendly people, who clearly love where they are and what they are doing and want to share it with guests. The building is on the National Historic Registry but there is nothing fussy, ornate or standoffish about this place. Just good and historically significant bones, a huge cooking fireplace in the common room that you can really warm up to, rustic antiques, comfy couches and armchairs, but also a flat screened TV where you can stream your favorite programs. The guest rooms are organized to afford maximum privacy, and each is charmingly and comfortably decorated with taste and restraint. There are pictures of family scattered about, books and magazines about all sorts of things, and even a picture book made by the grandchildren for Christine's birthday. Everything has a personal story which Christine and Ed will be happy to share. Oh did I mention the breakfast? The eggs, sausage, yogurt, granola...everything but the fresh fruit... is from right down the street. Christine and Ed are extremely knowledgeable about the area and can suggest places to explore and are happy to secure reservations at nearby restaurants. We had a fabulous time!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank chris752CC
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We travel to this part of CT regularly and are always trying to find the "just right" place to stay. We may have found it this weekend when we stayed at The Cornucopia at Oldfield Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the John Mosely Room which was spacious with a roomy bathroom and closet. There were refreshments available at all times, including fine wine, and several comfortable sitting rooms throughout the large house. Breakfast was ample and delicious -- very fresh! We were only there for a night and would have been quite happy to stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelFan15
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is an exceptional place with lovely accommodation and delightful and welcoming owners, Ed and Christine. Our room was in the front of the house on the second floor. It was tastefully decorated, very comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was excellent. We can't recommend the Cornucopia highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends