All reviewsbreakfast was excellentbed and breakfastcornucopiaoldfieldjenantiques
Reviewed August 12, 2015

My husband and I came here to celebrate my birthday and had an amazing visit! The home is beautiful and our hosts were kind, welcoming and very informative about the local interests and history. Thank you for making our stay as warm and welcoming as could be!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jolette B
Reviewed August 11, 2015

This was our first stay at Cornucopia at Oldfield, but hopefully not our last! It is conveniently located not far from Route 84. The property is true Connecticut. Christine showed us all around pointing out unique aspects of the beautiful home. The bedrooms are all different, the art on the walls beautiful, the breakfast fresh and delicious. The bed and linens were luxurious. Christine made reservations for us at a nearby restaurant that served delicious, organic food. Christine is so welcoming you knew you made a new friend.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2015

I needed to attend a workshop in Southbury, CT and the Cornucopia had available rooms at the time. I'm so glad because it turned out to be a very healing stay for me. Christine warmly welcomed me upon my arrival and the rooms I were to stay in were airy and fresh. I was able to sleep peacefully to prepare for my workshop the next couple of days. Christine helped me navigate the town as well as surrounding ones and Ed was equally gracious in our conversations. The highlight of my stay was after my workshop where I got to do some shopping and enjoy the New England atmosphere. Add to that the terrific breakfasts including farm fresh eggs and berries, and I would count this as one of my best trips ever!!

Room Tip: Lovely view, peaceful setting, farm fresh breakfasts, snacks, and drinks
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2015

Along with our friends we spent 2 nights at Cornucopia at Oldfield B&B last week and had a delightful visit. Hostess Christine welcomed us, made us comfortable and gave us many suggestions of where to go and where the best restaurants were located. She also went out of her way to educate us about the wonderful old house and the area. Their breakfasts were superb! Would return again for certain. Quaint but up-to-date, lots of history, clean and comfy, and the owners were great!

Room Tip: There are several very nice rooms, including the John Mosley and Rebecca Mosley rooms. They built the house. All rooms are clean, comfy and cozy.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2014

In September we spent 3 days in Cornucopia at Oldfield B&B. This is a lovely place and Christine an Ed are very interesting and friendly hosts. We got a lot of helpful recommendations what to visit during daytime and restaurants for dinner. We can highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the street are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple