“Wonderful Experience ”

Cava Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 199 Restaurants in Southington
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cava has established itself as a taste of luxury. An experience of Old world charm and romance, both in its decor and cuisine. Its upscale fine dining experience caters to those looking for an evening out, a special occasion, or private events. The cuisine is authentic Italian, using the finest ingredients. The menu alone exceeds any expectation. The daily additions to the menu, both appetizers and entrees are prepared daily by our executive chef based on the freshest market products. Cava expresses its zest in season, both during the holidays, and on our cocktail list. There's a charm with each season, that should be brought to the table.The luxurious decor reflects the old world charm, with modern nuances. The warm feeling of home, paired with a featured glass of wine is sure to put your mind at ease. Each room has a separate serenity encompassed by different fixtures. The "Fireplace room" and it's cozy, warm candle lit atmosphere will soothe you and your guests after a long day at the office, or for a romantic evening. The "sunroom", filled with light, white linen, and paired with the right company, makes for an impressive room for a private dining, or the right place to impress that someone special. The "sunroom" serves as a private banquet room for all occasions.When the sun sets, and the lights are low the "Main DIning Room" has a grand dining table for occasions with more intimate groups. Everyone can enjoy a cocktail,or glass of wine, at the granite top bar, surrounded by dark cherry wood. There is a more casual atmosphere in the back tavern, with high top tables for a "girls night out" or just a couple appetizers while watching "the game".In addition to the dining experience, the cuisine has upscale items with aged Angus certified steaks, fresh atlantic salmon, pasta dishes, lighter fare, and authentic flavors throughout. Cava strives to leave an impression. The dining experience is that of traditional Italian, perfect for a relaxing meal. Cava is well renowned for elegant private events. Private dining events range from wedding receptions, baby showers, bridal showers, business meetings, cocktail hours, birthdays, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, and all business functions. Private rooms are available for any events.
Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended from my husband's coworker. I had the scallops with risotto and they were large and pan seared perfectly. My husband had the bolognese and he said it was one of the best he had had in a while. Both portions were just right. The service was also very friendly from the moment we walked in.

6  Thank Caroline K

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

I have tried pretty much every restaurant in town and Cava always exceeds my expectations. I bring my friends and family here on a weekly basis. We love the atmosphere and the food. From personal experience I can say honestly that Cava is much better than any of the other fine dining places in town.

5  Thank Michael R
Reviewed March 29, 2016

I stopped in at Cava and was taken back with my experience. I had always driven by but never thought to stop in. I sat at the bar alone but made great conversation with the Bartender. I ordered the Filet Trio and it was by far the best meal I've had in a long time. Because of the atmosphere, meal, and service, I will be returning more often!

3  Thank HectorCruz7890
Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

Serving mediocre Italian"esque" food, Cava attempts to compensate diners with pomp and circumstance, for what is lacking in taste or quality. Their Filet Mignon is priced above that typically served at exclusive steakhouses such as Flemings, but the cut served here is small and poorly executed. They fare better with the pasta dishes, although the sauces are heavy-handed. On my last visit, I made the mistake of ordering the Swordfish Special on a Sunday night. Although the fish arrived with a revolting odor, with a flavor to match. One wondered if it had died a natural death, or was found washed up on the Jersey Shore! I sent it back and made due with the stale bread. They did not charge us for my meal and offered to make something else.
Many comment favorably regarding the decor. I agree that it does have some lovely design elements and quality materials, such as granite and marble, however, there is a reason for the saying, "less is more". Although it has a certain ambience, there is just too much, and the overall result is tacky, as if say, designed by Liberace!
The wine list is extensive, with a good variety. The cost per glass is on the high side for an average wine. What typically sells for $7.50 a glass, is $9.00 at Cava.

2  Thank TitaniaLune
Reviewed March 8, 2016

I often stay at the Double Tree hotel for business and in the recommended restaurants Cava is always at the top of the list. I decided to try it out and it was the best meal away from home I have had. The hostess sat me in a quiet section so I could still do my work and my meal was 10/10. I ordered the Pork Shank and it was fall off the bone tender and came with decadent risotto. I even ordered a second meal to go for lunch the next day! This will be my new go-to restaurant when I am in town on business.

3  Thank Daria C