“Beautiful decor, great food, nice ambiance”
Review of Cava Restaurant

Cava Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 204 Restaurants in Southington
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cava has established itself as a taste of luxury. An experience of Old world charm and romance, both in its decor and cuisine. Its upscale fine dining experience caters to those looking for an evening out, a special occasion, or private events. The cuisine is authentic Italian, using the finest ingredients. The menu alone exceeds any expectation. The daily additions to the menu, both appetizers and entrees are prepared daily by our executive chef based on the freshest market products. Cava expresses its zest in season, both during the holidays, and on our cocktail list. There's a charm with each season, that should be brought to the table.The luxurious decor reflects the old world charm, with modern nuances. The warm feeling of home, paired with a featured glass of wine is sure to put your mind at ease. Each room has a separate serenity encompassed by different fixtures. The "Fireplace room" and it's cozy, warm candle lit atmosphere will soothe you and your guests after a long day at the office, or for a romantic evening. The "sunroom", filled with light, white linen, and paired with the right company, makes for an impressive room for a private dining, or the right place to impress that someone special. The "sunroom" serves as a private banquet room for all occasions.When the sun sets, and the lights are low the "Main DIning Room" has a grand dining table for occasions with more intimate groups. Everyone can enjoy a cocktail,or glass of wine, at the granite top bar, surrounded by dark cherry wood. There is a more casual atmosphere in the back tavern, with high top tables for a "girls night out" or just a couple appetizers while watching "the game".In addition to the dining experience, the cuisine has upscale items with aged Angus certified steaks, fresh atlantic salmon, pasta dishes, lighter fare, and authentic flavors throughout. Cava strives to leave an impression. The dining experience is that of traditional Italian, perfect for a relaxing meal. Cava is well renowned for elegant private events. Private dining events range from wedding receptions, baby showers, bridal showers, business meetings, cocktail hours, birthdays, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, and all business functions. Private rooms are available for any events.
Reviewed February 15, 2018

My boyfriend and I had dinner at Cava on 2/13/18, as an early Valentine's Day dinner. I had heard about how they go all out with the Christmas decorations, and much to my delight, the decorations were still up! The decor was exquisite. It was very romantic. We ordered two appetizers to share: mozzarella en carozza and crab cakes. The crab cakes were the best I've had! I ordered baked stuffed shrimp over risotto (I was served 4 small stuffed shrimp), and it was delicious! My boyfriend ordered the gnocchi, and he enjoyed it very much. I noticed the rooftop dining area (it was closed for the winter), and definitely will be returning in warmer weather to sit on the rooftop. Overall, a great experience!

5  Thank destiny252

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. From the warm welcome on our arrival and to the minute we left the attention was beyond perfect. Our servers were so professional. Nothing was too much trouble. We sat in the sunroom which was beautifully decorated. The menu was varied and the special dishes sounded really tempting too. When our food arrives each course was delicious. Every table group around us seemed to be thoroughly enjoying their evening and food also which is a great sign when dining out. I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant. We loved this place.

5  Thank RichardDuhaim1
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Decorations do not justify the experience we had at our last visit to CAVA. We were a party of 6, with all coming from different parts of CT. When we went to order the waitress of course asked if we wanted appetizers. She then told us there was a special for parties of 5 or more in which the chef made up a special plate. We agreed to try it. The plate contained 3 stuffed mushroom, 3 stuffed pieces of artichoke, 3 arincini balls, 3 crab cakes and some calamari. All were good. Meals were ok (my short rib was very fatty) The bill came and seemed quite high for what we had. The only amount I could not see was the app. as the waitress had written over the amount. When I asked the price, I was floored that is was $78!!!!! I called the next day to speak to the manager about it as well as the fatty short rib. I spoke with Shaun, who was extremely accommodating. I took responsibility for not asking the price of the app but he informed me that that app was not to be sold without telling the party the price. I also told him that on our previous visit, I had ordered the scallops and my husband salmon. The waitress delivered 2 orders of the scallops. When my husband told her he had ordered salmon, she seemed reluctant to take it back and half heartedly asked if he wanted her to take it back, he felt it was just easier to keep the scallops. I told Shaun I didn't want to give a negative review and he told me he would ask the manager to call me, which he never did. My opinion is they had better leave those decorations up year around!!!! There are too many fine restaurants in the area to give one more than 2 chances.

3  Thank Cacs523
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant, nice and very warm service. The food is great and the strip steak was absolutely outstanding. My family was impressed with the food quality and the holiday decorations.

7  Thank joelle_wankerl
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Finally able to get a reservation in January and was lucky enough to see how beautiful it looked. Love the food and the staff was very friendly. Highly recommend the Aragosta dinner and the flourless chocolate cake. The prices were affordable compared to any other nice restaurant in the area. The white room was definitely the nicest.

6  Thank bconte411