Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.com
US$135
SAVE US$8
Free cancellation until 21-05-21
Residence InnUS$143
FindHotelUS$135
Expedia.comUS$135
All reviews gas fireplace very clean hotel a lovely stay two bedroom suite hot breakfast would stay here again early check convenient location housekeeping staff new haven highway dishwasher ct kitchenette mattress desk furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2020

It has been a few years since my last visit to this property. As I recollect it was decent enough. I can safely tell you that this hotel is MUCH improved. New furnishings, carpets, wallpaper, etc.. Most importantly the mattresses do not feel well "slept in." All of that is important but special mention goes to the manager and (I think) owner. Problem ? However small, just ring the desk and he'll get the answer. And he is a happy gentleman as well. That goes a long way in my book.

So this is what you get for you $$: a VERY clean hotel with new furnishings, a staff that truly appears to car and a manager (and probably owner) who will do whatever is necessary to make it right.

Yeah, I'll be back.

Room tip: I'd try to get a room not facing the highway. The noise level is not bad, but better facing the other way.
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Steven K
Edward Kosinski, Other at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found the hotel as clean and friendly as we try to be. The team has a lot of pride in the building and though none of us on property are the owner we like to treat our hotel as if it was ours. I wish you continued safe travels.

Reviewed March 15, 2020 via mobile

My husband got called out to CT on a work trip last minute during this coronavirus scare, so he insisted on taking me and our 10 year old and our two little dogs with him. We usually use home rental sites so I was a little apprehensive about booking a hotel, especially amid all the virus fright. I was very relieved to find that the room we were given with the pups was extremely clean and cute, as this is not always the case in hotels that allow pets.
The room is clean, the kitchenette is nicely stocked, the property is quiet/conveniently located/very well-kept, the beds are comfy, the breakfast and coffee are really good as far as hotel breakfasts go — but....
It is the STAFF that made me feel compelled to write a review. Chain-owned businesses like hotels and restaurants and stores all kind of blend together in similarity and none tend to stick out as anything special, even as amenities and services continue to get better. What I hope these corporations realize and don’t take for granted is that it isn’t the heated pool or the breakfast waffle-press or the WiFi that sets a place apart from the dozens of others in the area just like it. It’s the people you pay to RUN the place. This is the second time we’ve stayed at a Marriot property (the other being the Renaissance Carambola in St Croix) and really noticed how exceptionally kind and guest-focused the staff is, and because of that we will make a point of looking for Marriot properties exclusively when we use hotels when traveling.
Especially amid the current coronavirus craziness with the local stores all sold out and schools/businesses closed down and everyone kind of cranky and stressed, anyone having to go to work and be at risk from having to interact with the public all day would be forgiven for being stressed and not as focused on guests, but that’s not the case here. It feels like this staff is going above and beyond to keep everyone upbeat. Since we checked in two days ago, everyone we have come in contact with here — from the very sweet and sympathetic woman who checked us in and then had to switch our room (due to us having two dogs instead of one) and the funny guy at the desk at night, to the housekeeping staff and those who serve the breakfast in the morning— has gone out of their way to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and consistently ask if anyone needs anything and make conversation. I really want to emphasize that THEY are the reason for the review and the thing we will remember about our experience that will compel us to choose Marriot properties over their competitors when we travel.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JoAndFree
RosemaryV170, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2020

Dear JoAndFree,

THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review. I agree with you, I think our suites are clean and cute!

I am so PROUD of our staff and I am glad you were able meet some of the awesome associates we have working here. We are here to serve you.

Thank you for your business and we hope you come back to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to Southington.

Reviewed February 17, 2020

My family stayed here in order to attend my 25th anniversary party. They were so accommodating by putting us all together, allowing for early check in and letting me reserve their conference room after my party so my family could catch up. The hotel is clean and staff is phenomenal. The staff in kitchen for breakfast was on top of their game and breakfast was delicious. Kudos to Rachel for working with me and making this experience seamless. Thank you to everyone that works there for being pleasant and again ACCOMMODATING!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
RosemaryV170, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are SO HAPPY to hear that you and your family had a great experience!

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Hotel has a convenient location. Not far from Waterbury, New Haven, Hartford. Directly off of highway. Two bedroom suite had comfortable beds, decent kitchen and a fireplace in the living room area. Front desk staff was helpful during check in.
Pets are permitted at this location, sadly their inconsiderate owners are permitted as well. Our neighbors had a large dog that barked all day while his people were away. Our visit coincided with the inspection time for the gas fireplace. Two surly "inspectors" (without ID) harassed us incessantly while we were trying to shower, wrangle an infant and prepare to check out. They essentially forced their way into the room after repeated knocking. A 15 minute time out (and possibly a warning,a uniform or an ID!) would have been much appreciated.

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank JC-Meg
RosemaryV170, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2020

Dear JC-Meg,

Thank you for writing a review online. I am sorry to hear about the service you experienced. I will ensure we address this with our team.

Residence Inn Team

Reviewed November 15, 2019

Two night at the Inn the staff is great very accommodating.
The work out room small but for me it was just fine.
Had a problem with the computer. Jovanie front desk girl really helped me . She’s great.
Dustin was wonderful as well helped me with my room .
The guy who works at the restaurant area
Don’t know his name helped my friend with her luggage when elevator was out .
So nice of him
Very nice stay .

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mshotel517
RosemaryV170, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Southington, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

THANK YOU for writing a review! I am glad you had a very nice stay. We hope you return to the Residence Inn Southington the next time you travel to the area.

Rosemary