“Good Pizza and Grinders”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Pizzeria
Ranked #61 of 190 Restaurants in Southington
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Hi Folks, Giovanni's has good pizza and grinders right off Exit 31 from I-84 just South on Rt 229. The preheated slices are a little dry but the fresh made pizza and grinders are great and they have quite a variety. Regards, OldeBear

There are newer reviews for Giovanni's Pizzeria

Reviewed 20 January 2017

needed a quick bite during lunchtime yesterday and one of my associates was stepping out to grab lunch from giovannis. how can cheese pizza be wrong, I asked myself. even "bad" pizza has some redeeming factor, but here I found little to crow about. I did appreciate they put a sheet of wax paper between the two slices, but other than that I had one slice and one bite then dumped it. maybe just a bad day, and I will try again

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Florida and we loved our delicious pizza. The friendly staff were awesome. Don't leave here without an order of meatballs make sure to get extra gravy. This wonderful place honours our veterans with a 10% discount. Giovani honours his grandfather's service in the United States Marine Corp. with a display of his medals and distinguished service to the USA. You won't go wrong here!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Like sex, pizza is never not good just although some is better than others. Giovanni's offers an impressive choice of toppings along side a decent array of entrees and sandwich choices. A BBQ grilled chicken sandwich satisfied a late evening hunger developed on I-84E although it didn't exactly soar (which chickens tend not to do). Soft drink choices revolved around stuff your 12 year old will enjoy. The place itself feels like it could use some paint and scrubbing - probably best to take out. Also no bathroom (there's a rest area 3 miles down the road) seems to violate a tacit agreement for a food place along a major highway. In short, the pizza is good just don't your expectations up so high.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

I've had pizza from Giovanni's numerous times. The pizza and salad are the best things there. Don't stray and get a grinder or wrap, they don't give you that much food and it's just mediocre. Nothing really beats their whole grain, buffalo chicken pizza though. Not that expensive, good quality, and helpful staff.

1  Thank ForTheStory