“Good fix!”

Formaggio Apizza Ristorante
Ranked #103 of 190 Restaurants in Southington
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

My family and I order pizza every Friday and have virtually tried every pizza place in town. We have been ordering from here for the past couple of months! This past Friday was the first time we had any problems and my family and I were quite disappointed! Instead of just letting it go and never trying them again, my mom decided to call and let the owner know that we were not pleased! We were delighted with her response, she stated how thankful and appreciative she was that we let her know. It cannot be fixed if they don't know what's wrong, therefore we will continue to order from them every Friday night!

There are newer reviews for Formaggio Apizza Ristorante

Reviewed 27 December 2015

So much trash and cigarette butts on the ground. Take a look by the back kitchen door, but do it before you dine! The grounds seemed so unkempt that was reluctant to enter, but I looked in. I saw an employee on the counter with her feet on the counter. The owner, who appeared to be doing something of the cooking, appeared rather unclean as well.

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were a bit apprehensive when Formaggio's opened, because of the other businesses that have come and gone from that location, but from the moment of our first order we have never been disappointed. Ever time we've ordered, the food is delivered hot and fresh. Our main staple is a pizza, the Goomba. This pizza can give any of the other big name pizzas a run for their money. Always packed with fresh toppings it never disappoints. I read another review where it said they skimped on the toppings but never once have I seen Formaggio's go light on the toppings. Their crust is my one of my favorites, and they use it to make their calzones, which are out of this world. From the penne alla vodka to the salads, you have to try them all! Finally the staff gracious and professional. Please give them a try!

Reviewed 27 August 2015

A few days ago I read that this pizzeria won the annual Southington Pizza Fest for the 2nd year in a row so plans were hatched to give it a try. We called ahead to order a large cheese pizza and were told it would take about 30 minutes. I printed off scenic, albeit incorrect directions from Mapquest. On arrival there was one person waiting for takeout and so I gave my name and waited. As it turned out, there were two large orders in front of me totaling well over $100. I finally received my cheese pizza and returned home following a more direct route. Immediately on opening the pizza I realized the crust was thin, but a bit thicker than I prefer, not a major problem. More of a concern was the crust which was dried out while lacking any discernible char. Though the pizza sauce and mozzarella topping was okay, it was not nearly good enough to offset the disappointing crust.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

My wife and I really like Fromaggio's specialty pizzas. In less than a year, owner Noreen and her crew were recognized for making the BEST PIZZA in town and won a national Pizza competition in Las Vegas. Dining in (BYOB) or take out, Fromaggio is a winner.