“Thanks to Prime Manager - David Greekwood”
Review of Prime

Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 515 Restaurants in Stamford
Description: Opened in the summer of 2016 Prime – An American Kitchen and Bar is almost a mirror image of its sister restaurant that resides across the Long Island Sound, Prime – An American Kitchen and Bar in Huntington, New York. Tempered glass walls allow a full view of the water from nearly any seat in the house and stay open when the weather allows. Explore our new, specially built glass wine room, visible from the both inside and outside the building. With over 750 labels, the floor to ceiling enclosure has separate temperatures for white or red wines. This fall, look for intimate wine tastings with our sommelier. Defined by innovative departures to classic dishes, Prime offers a curated raw bar, mizu sushi and 21-day dry aged c.a.b beef paired with enhancements such as crispy onions & sriracha butter. In warmer weather, sit outside watching the boats come in with one of our inventive signature cocktails. This spring look for our newly renovated outdoor cabana bar.
Reviewed July 11, 2018

I wrote a review about my visit back in April, which was not a pleasant one. A couple of days later I received a call from the Prime Manager, David Greekwood. He was concerned about our experience and apologized. This was definitely an unexpected call. Just for the fact that David reached out to us and acknowledged our dissatisfaction, meant so much. As my family and I felt neglected and dismissed during our visit. David was not present during our visit in April. Anyhow, David reached out and kindly asked us to reconsider returning to Prime. He promised he would personally schedule our reservation and would be there to make sure our experience the next time around was a pleasant one. I was truly appreciative of David's concern. With that being said, my family and I decided to give Prime another chance. This time around, our visit was much more pleasurable. Our food and service were excellent. Because of the David and our last experience, I can say we will likely visit Prime again. This is a good example of a business making up for their flaws and putting their customers first! Much appreciated!
-Isaac S.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I dined at Prime recently and we both were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food. Their beef Wellington was delicious and melted in the mouth. Oh, I love their French fries as well - very thin and crispy; just how we like them! Although EXTREMELY pricey, I would recommend for special occasions. There's equally great food locally at more reasonable prices. Given that it's located on the water side, we'll always be tempted to indulge.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

We dined here for our 10th wedding anniversary. The table was on the boardwalk with a great water view. The wedge salad and lobster bisque were excellent. The steaks tasted great but were a bit overcooked. For $45 steak, they should have done better. An amazing wine list and great service. Although great, we would probably only be back for drinks as the prices are a bit high for the food.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

In most ways, we actually like this place. The reason for the one star rating is entirely about bartender Angela's poor judgement. We sat at the bar, ordered two glasses of house wine...and another two glasses...and finally got the bill. One would think that the house wine would be one of the cheaper ones on the menu...no, $26/glass Even when I complained to the manager, the manager supported the bartender and thought it was a good choice. If you go to Prime, make sure you confirm what you're getting. Lesson learned. I wish Angela all the karma she deserves. Not returning.

4  Thank rickmeyer1987
Reviewed April 14, 2018

I went to Prime wanting to have a nice end to our family vacation after coming back from Aruba but it was very disappointing. I have been to Prime several times and tonight has been by far the worst experience I have had. I never been treated with such disrespect and distastefulness. The night started out good but as I began eating my main entree I found a hair in my food. Yes, the manager came over and said they would change my meal. At this point I already lost my appetite. I know things happen, it's understandable but my wife had to eat her meal alone and it ruin our dinner. The manager did not come back to see how we were doing or did not try to accommodate us in any fashion. I felt like my family and I were treated in very low regard. The managers specifically were Shay and Jordan. As a consultant for financial services have been to many prestigious restaurants around the country and have never been treated like this. Any other restaurant will go above and beyond for their customers. This was not the case at Prime. I will always stand by this, customer service is what makes an establishment. You want to make your customers feel welcomed and satisfied to regain their business. I did not feel that tonight from the managers (Shay & Jordan). I have been to Prime many times before, both for personal and business. It's a shame that I will not return to this establishment and would not recommend this place to any of my family or colleagues because of the people who work there. I am rating this restaurant as poor mainly because of the customer service (from Shay & Jordan).

5  Thank isaacbx