“Excellent Fish and Salads”

Fish Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 517 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Come here if you like fish but only if you like fish. Thankfully I do. My friends ordered the Cauliflower and the Lettuce wraps to start. I was a bit hessitant because I normally don't like curry which was in the cauliflower and I had never had the type of fish that was in the lettuce wraps but I have to say they both were excellent. I had gotten the Raddicio, apple and fig salad. I NEED to know how to make that. Probably was one of the best salads I have ever had. Good alcohol selection and service was good as well. Def recco if you enjoy fish.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed November 25, 2016

We were traveling through Stamford to stay overnight on our way to JFK tomorrow. Looking for a place to have dinner, and started looking on TripAdvisor. Found this place and were tempted by raw oysters on the menu. Well, what a great meal we had! We started with an oyster sampler plate with some Beausoleil Oysters from New Brunswick and some west coast oysters. Dem dere Canadian Oysters rocked! Then my wife had pan seared rare Yellow Fin Tuna that was among the best I've ever had, along with a mild Thai red curry sauce. Accompanied with a julienne of fresh vegetables. I had asked our waiter, Morgan, if he was in favor of the Bouillabaisse, and he gave it an emphatic thumbs up. Now Bouillabaisse has so many different variations, and this one was right on. The broth was fantastic, very aromatic, and had 3 different fish in it, Cod, Tuna and Salmon, along with perfectly tender calamari, bay scallops, shrimp, mussels and Little Neck clams. My goodness,what a feast! Served with nicely toasted crisp french bread slices. We had a nice bottle of white wine at a reasonable price from the Costières de Nîmes that was perfect with our meal. Definitely an upscale Bistro feel, but I think their menu prices are right on, especially for what we were served. Good seafood ain't cheap these days! And Morgan, our waiter, was a lot of fun and very, very good. The kitchen in this place really knows what they are doing, and it's pretty obvious they have some serious seafood connections. Highly recommend this place, it's got a great bar as well.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Three of us celebrated a birthday with a Sunday dinner. The menu features a raw bar, which provided us with very fresh shrimp and oysters, but the highlight, for me, was the "Naked Fish" option for dinner. Basically, you pick the fish, the sauce, and the sides. There is enough variety from amongst the other menu items, but I really like to put it together myself.

The cod was terrific and I really like the sampling of sauces that accompanied our three entrees (I had the sweet Thai chili sauce). The decor is modern and attractive and the waiters were helpful and friendly. The prices are on the high side of seafood restaurants, but the quality and selection are very good, so it is a fair trade off. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Yummy drinks & bar menu with very reasonable prices for happy hour. Very tasty, great atmosphere. A nice surprise in Stamford.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Restaurant week in Stamford!, Enjoyed a 20.00-3 course lunch. The staff was pleasant and attentive
to food allergy patrons. Atmosphere is cozy. Being part of the outdoor scene is more preferable. Food
portions are plentiful.