Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of a conference that my company held. I had stayed at this hotel last year and it was average at the time. The facility seems to have dramatically deteriorated since then. I don't think that Hilton is investing in the upkeep of this property. The carpets are shabby, the bathrooms have that used, tired look about them. Internet access was a real hassle (no wifi in the rooms) AND you have to pay for it. The food was appalling. I know that I can be a bit of a food snob, but really... If you like pastries, Lucky Charms, and watery eggs, this is the place for you. Finally, the front desk staff have odd rules. On my last evening, I stopped by to request a late check-out for the next day and was told that you could only request a late check-out after 7am on the morning of departure. At 7am the next day, I called downstairs and they told me they could not accommodate me as a large group was taking over the hotel that day. Why couldn't I have been told that the night before?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank americantravelgirl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Feel like I am in a third world country here.
Horrible service, dated rooms, bells go off in the middle of the night.
Worst value and poorest service I have ever experiences in the US.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Blofelt
Reviewed 22 February 2012

As previously mentioned - the Saturday night we stayed over - was due to the ICONIC Boyz offerning a dance class - my daughter (her birthday present) was to spend the night with a friend and take the class. I also did not know there was a dance competition going on. Well lo and behold It was a local company and my daughter had a lot of friends there. Yes this hotel was taken over by tweens and the ICONIC boyz being trailed all over. Ok now to the Hotel - check in was easy - they accomodated with two room next to each other - Had a lovely corner room - 6th floor - nice bed - clean - nice hot water. No issues with the room. TV stations were limited and complicated. As for the restaurant - the waiter was extremly polite but the food took forever - blts, hamburger fries and wings came out cold. Place is not packed with event - they had food bar upstairs - no cateered food. Pool looked great. Later we went to the bar about 9:30pm and got a drink - took over 5 minutes to get the bartenders attentions - pretty ladies few seats from us. Ordered an antipasta platter which was not bad. No way were we going near that restaurant again. Then another perso tried to order bar food and was told - kitchen was overwhelmed had to go to restaurant or room service. Come on - its at bar 9:30pm - no one was overwhelmed - they were not cateering anything - This hotel is situated in Stamford - but way off beat and track - you have to drive to get anywhere. You are stuck there for food - I did see a pizza delivery guy. Overall it was not a bad stay for us - since we were with the tweens running all over. Hotel was clean. But bring your own snacks and prepare for a long wait for food - and for it to be cold. I am sure for a conference with food included its fine. ALso they had a cash food bar for the dancers and I had a wonderful sandwich for $4.00 and the drinks were reasonable at $1.00

Room Tip: corner rooms have two sets of windows - lots of light
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have had occasion to stay at this hotel several times. While I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the room service food has improved from how absolutely awful it was before, unfortunately the staff kept making mistakes with the order. One particularly annoying example with room service is that even when a table was specifically asked for (when it shouldn't be necessary to request a table in the first place for dinner for two), it was continuously a problem, and the table would arrive not set up, and with dirty tablecloths and stained table linen. Of course, the 20% automatic gratuity, in addition to the set-up charge (what for when nothing was setup???) and other various fees for room service, were charged.

Another issue was that the housekeeping staff would open the door even when the Do-Not-Disturb sign was on. One further problem was that the room was excessively hot and when we tried to use the air conditioning unit, it only blew hot air and actually raised the temperature to 82 degrees which made it very difficult to sleep as there were no windows that could open.

The Hilton Stamford has the potential of being a decent hotel, but only if they correct the continuing issues with room service, housekeeping, and the temperature controls in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NewYorkGirl
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Besides a few good encounters (particularly the parking valet), this stay was always bordering on disaster. To begin, the hotel was overrun by tween and teen girls participation in a dance competion. Then the soft goods were worn and carpet needed replacing years ago. Next the tubs/showers/bathrooms were badly in need of modernization. I can find little to be positve about, except that it never really became a full on disaster.

2  Thank Melizondo
Reviewed 11 February 2012

At first look, the Hilton was exactly as expected, helpful valet, great service people. We went to the room and things looked clean, but as we started moving in, I noticed red stains and dirt on the curtains. We went out for the night, and when we came back, there had been an event so there were tons of young kids running all over our floor slamming doors, and going in and out of rooms. It was extremely difficult to get any sleep the whole night as this went on until past 3am and started up again after 7am. Finally, the television provided was by far the worst system I have ever seen. The menu had very few options without having to pay fees from $4.99 to $17.99 to watch movies or TV shows. The standard television which provided about 15 channels had no guide, and the channels that were available were not coming in clearly. I expected much more from the Hilton. I would not go back until considerable changes have been made and never when an event was going on.

1  Thank mvfh99am
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed for a four day meeting with a large group. Lots of positives (private elevator to HHonors floor, VERY comfortable bed, upgraded toiletries, friendly and attentive staff, very good food at restaurant) are overshadowed by some significant negatives. Although right off the highway, it is located in the back of a corporate office park with inconvenient self parking. Complimentary shuttle from the train station was slow (15 min to arrive, should have walked). Finally, member of our group got bed bugs. Hotel was very responsive, immediately taking trained dogs to check each of our group's rooms (around 300) and only one room was infested. Although I have some hesitation, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Da-juiceman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
1.5 km away
1.5 km away
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!