“Highly Recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Another Second Penny Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I returned for our second visit bringing along my sister from out of state. Everything was wonderful once again. The last time we stayed it was springtime (last year), this year we chose the fall and the weather was great and the foliage was just starting to peak. We can't praise the Inn or it's "keepers" enough! Next year we'll have to try the summer!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
artsfusion
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This inn is right off of I-95 but feels like it is in another world. Historic and beautiful with welcoming hosts and a breakfast to die for! Our stay was the centerpiece of a fantastic trip and we know we will be back again and again. We will tell friends and family visiting the area that this is THE place to stay. There is plenty to do in the area but frankly, with the rooms as cozy as they are, some may not ever want to leave!

(I left another review a day or so ago and by mistake rated it a 1 of 5 in all areas, instead of 5 of 5. This was a mistake. Our stay was wonderful and everything was perfect! (I am trying to remove the other review so it does not reflect poorly on this delightful inn))

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

My husband & I spent 2 wonderful nights 04/17/09 & 04/18/09 celebrating our anniversary. Everything was perfect, great innkeepers, friendly pets, fantastic breakfasts and wonderful weather. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 21 December 2008

My wife and I were more then pleased with our visit and even booked our next stay before leaving. Our suite was clean, comfortable and charming with a fire place, luxurous linens and a giant bathroom which included a large jetted clawfoot tub.The breakfasts Sandra made were simply amazing and a better then any B&B meals we've ever had. We really enjoyed our stay and intend to visit on a regular basis. Highly recommended!! A++++

Stayed December 2008
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We loved our stay. The rooms were filled with beautiful antiques, clean and very charming. We had two rooms for our Sisters week-end. The charm of the house was what made it special. The breakfast was a five course very elegant and top shelf. We loved the cat Mr. Peabody. The Inn Keepers were very nice, and we loved the fact they respected our privacy. The rooms were very clean, great location. The sitting area on the porch can be spruced up a bit. The library was filled with great books and movies for your enjoyment. The homemade cookies and muffins were great. It was very hot and humid that day and it was refreshing that the Inn had air conditioning. We would stay again.

• Liked — the decor, food and prce
  • Disliked — patio area and coffee maker
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank micky7
NorthEast
Reviewed 20 July 2007

Beautiful old farmhouse, great grounds. There is a friendly dog and a cat which i liked a lot, but some might not. The hosts are mindful and i'm sure would keep the animals away if a guest objected. There was a partially disassembled electric bike on a big table in one of the rooms on the main floor, but otherwise, the house was well-maintained and comfortably rustic.

The breakfasts were amazing, but take a little getting used to - how often does one have a 4-course meal on delicate china at 8am? It's worth experiencing, though, and I found that I could skip lunch since it was so satisfying.

Not far from Mystic, the RI beaches and other CT attractions. I was coming form an urban location so i took the train to Mystic and rented a car there, saving rental money, gas and driving hassles.

I haven't stayed in many B&B's so i don't have much to compare this to, but it was very pleasant and enjoyable.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank mdr0ck
Taylor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2007

The grounds are beautiful. I unfortunately did not get to explore all the land they have. It was clean and comfortable. The fact that it's not far from Mystic was my draw; less than a 10 minute drive.
Be careful of which room you book. I was a bit dismayed at the fact that my "private bath" was actually in the hall next to my room. It was just mine, but I was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that I had to leave the room to use it. Also, I was in the Noyes room, because I was supposed to have a traveling companion (who backed out), and this room can have 1 king or 2 twin beds. I opted for the king, and the bed was good as long as you didn't get too close to the middle where you could tell it was 2 separate beds put together.
Overall, it was a great stay. Great location, good breakfast. Annoying cat in the guest house who tried to follow me, and I had to run from... I'm allergic which was not good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bath in the hall and the cat
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank traveler1008
strlght, Owner at Another Second Penny Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2007
All of our rooms have private baths; two are ensuite, one is adjacent as our website indicates. Bathrobes are provided to all of our guests. Since the other rooms are ensuite, the chances of encountering anyone in the hallway while taking the single step needed to enter the bathroom, are very slim.

We adopted our cat just a couple of days prior to this guest's arrival. Had she asked, we would have kept Mr. Peabody confined so that he did not bother her. Normally we screen prospective guests for cat allergies but our previous cat had died and we did not expect to get another when this guest had booked.

Not recommended for single travelers??? Not if one is looking to meet other singles as the odds are small with a 3 room B&B. That said, we have many single guests, of both genders, stay with us who enjoy a quiet, relaxing, getaway.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
4.8 km away
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
4.3 km away
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic

Been to Another Second Penny Inn? Share your experiences!