“Nice Hotel Suite - Clean, Quiet, Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Homewood Suites in Stratford (exit 53 off the Merritt Parkway) is my new stopping place to break up the long drive from DC to Western Mass and Vermont. It's up a small hill which puts it far enough from the road to be separate yet close enough to be convenient. We stayed there the end of January (I'm kind of behind in my reviews).

The hotel is recently remodeled (or perhaps it's relatively new) and feels modern and fresh. It is definitely comfortable. I had prevously stayed once in the Homewood Suite a few exits South in Norfolk and it was so worn that I avoided Homesuites for 2 years. However, I was tired and needed a break so I tried this Stratford location and I'm glad I did.

Each suite has a living room with adjoining kitchenette and bedroom. The rooms were not overly spacious but they were large enough to be comfortable and had me thinking how well the architect had used the space.

The two rooms share a central air handler in a closet with a remote compressor so you have some fan noise but no compressor - still much better than the noisy wall units that so many hotels have (even modern hotels) that cycle on and off all night.

It had one of the larger pools I've seen for a hotel but the exercise room was limited with I believe a treadmill and bicycle and perhaps a stairclimber.

The price was amazingly reasonable for a suite.

The staff were notably friendly. We missed the hotel breakfast, but they directed us to the Riverdale diner up the road (north) a couple of miles and it was definitely worth it for the home-cooked food.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, get away from the main elevator.
1  Thank ComfortSeeker595

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for over ten months due to a house fire. The front staff was extremely friendly and courteous, especially Charlie, Richard, Valerie and Brian. Shalonda, was a pleasure to get to know, very helpful and always there to make sure your stay is the best possible. Linda and Greg were excellent managers, always making sure my family and I were happy and enjoying our stay. Both of them went above and beyond during Christmas time, allowing my extended family to come and enjoy a Christmas meal in one of their halls. The maintenance people were always helpful, my six year old nephew would always call Bob, the nice man and Ed was an outstanding employee especially during the winter storm power outage and small hurricane we experienced months ago. The housekeeping staff was nice and helpful especially Beata. The rooms my parents and I stayed in were awesome. I loved the bed there!!! Business Center was very helpful and they have a great pool and relaxing jacuzzi. The fitness center is perfect and allows you to get a great workout in. I will miss this hotel and will definitely be by to visit or to escape for the day and spend a night or two at this hotel. You will not be disappointed staying at this hotel. Once again thank you all for everything!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jimcap24
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was a very very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly. The staff was extremely helpful. We left behind in our room a "pointer" for use with an Iphone or Ipad. We called late in the day we check we had checked out, and asked if they found it, and could they send it to us (we live in South Carolina). They said they would. Based on the postmark, they sent it the next day, but it was returned by the Post Office because the envelope and it contents (the pointer) didn't meet Postal requirements. The hotel then sent the pointer via UPS. We are extremely grateful for their perseverance. Many thanks to the hotel staff, and Hilton.

Room Tip: The staff was very accommodating in placing our room next to our other family member rooms.
1  Thank MJGDJ
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I had to stay in this hotel just because the cheap company that I now work for has this as a preferred hotel in the area.

Upon arrival I have figured out that they didn't even bothered to flush the remainings of previos guest diharrea from the toilet.

Bedrooms are small. Only queen size beds in 2-bedroom suites. There are no exaust fans in bathrooms, so you have to breath all miasms all night long.

Their so called "complimentary light dinner" is a joke. It's just salad, bread and beans. No meat at all.

16.9 fl. oz. bottle of crappy Dasani water there is $2!!!

For the room price starting at $160 this seems to be ridiculous.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 22 January 2012

ALL Management and staff members at Homewood Stratford has gone out of their way to make us feel at home while we are away from our homes. All staff personnel have been professional and courteous in their attitudes, expert knowledge, and patience in handling some of our specific issues and have made us feel very important to our complete customer satisfaction.
We plan on an extended stay here at Homewood to assist with our work during the Storm Irene and the snow storm which affected the community with public assistance from FEMA in assisting applicants in the surrounding area. Management personnel have ensured our team and other members of our FEMA team receive the best service and continued service at the best rates. Our FEMA team are deeply appreciative of all the assistance and support from the Stratford Homewood team . We feel that all management and staff personnel have treated our issues or situations with the utmost importance.
In the past, we have had excellent service at other Hilton Honors hotels, but Stratford Homewood has been exceptional and has gone far beyond what we expected. We will continue to use Homewood Suites in our travels if there is one around our future disaster deployments. We plan on passing our excellent stay here to others that may be directed here.
Staff members have gone above and beyond their duties by arranging the most memoriable tour to the Sikrosky Aircraft Plant in Stratford.

Thank you very much for making our extended stay great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor in the back are quite and have great parking availability. Close to the work...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hotel is clean, comfortable, and in a great location. Pool area is very nice and breakfast was excellent. Standard Homewood Suites stuff, but a pleasure all the same. This is our third visit to the property and we will return. Many Homewood Suites are out of our price range so we don't usually stay in them when we travel. This property remains very reasonable.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

The Hilton Homewood suites in Stratford is an outstanding property. We have been staying there for our vacation visits for many years and have never been disappointed. From the first step into the lobby you are made to feel special "where everyone knows your name" The rooms are spacious and always very clean, the buffet breakfast and dinners are gourmet. Newspapers to the door, and a staff that tends to your every need.
convenient to everything.
THE BEST!!!

Room Tip: Third floor suites are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
3.7 km away
Hampton Inn Milford
#5 of 13 in Milford
6.5 km away
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!