“Nice Hotel, Even Better Service!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed one night at this nice and reasonably priced hotel because I was in Stratford/Bridgeport for an interview. From the very start, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Probably one of the nicest I have come across recently (and I have been traveling up and down the east coast and midwest). The room I got was exactly what I was expecting - a large, clean, and comfortable room. No problems whatsoever overnight or the following morning. Free meal the next morning with your usual continental breakfast type foods. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay at again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel, right off of I-95. We spent one night there. Check-in went smoothly, but when we went to the room, we found a cup with a yellowish liquid on the nightstand. I called downstairs and asked if the room had been cleaned. The woman working the front desk asked me to come right down and get another room. While I was downstairs, my wife discovered that the liquid was a deodorant..apparently the previous occupants smoked in the room and they were trying to get rid of the odor. (it did it's job...we didn't smell anything) Hope those people enjoyed smoking in the room...there is a $150 charge for doing it. Once we got our new room, everything was just fine. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable, with a king bed and small couch with a coffee table, a desk, a fridge, and microwave. We had a room on the highway side, but heard nothing all night. It was a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was nothing special, but serviceable. Checkout was fast and pleasant. This hotel is a nice spot to stay if you're on a budget but want a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Some really good things and some not so good things on this trip. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful as far as they could be. Didn't know how to get the printer in the business room to work to print our boarding passes but let us use their front desk computer to get it done.

Our shower hadn't been cleaned when we arrived but the rest of the room looked very good. It was the best ADA bathroom we've ever seen! When we mentioned that things had been left in the shower (half used shampoo/lotion), they immediately sent someone to clean it and apologized profusely and said they'd be looking into it. We all make mistakes.

Breakfast assistant was very helpful. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, yogurt, fruit and bagels.

Bed a little to soft for us and when we both sat at the foot of the bed the top raised up off of the floor! :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My family and I were traveling to NYC from New Hampshire. We needed a hotel that was an easy drive into the city after traffic hours. This hotel is located the perfect distance for an easy morning drive to the city.

The owner helped me with my reservation at 1:00 am and gave me a good rate over-the-phone. When we checked in the lobby was clean and bright and spacious. Our room featured two queen beds and a pull out sofa.

Breakfast was nothing fancy (waffles, eggs, bacon, coffee) but it was good enough to start the day and included in the price of the room.

We stayed at this hotel the following night on our way back home.
I recommend this place for tired travelers. It is just a few hundred yards off the highway, and it is secure, comfortable and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount, which was a $10 savings.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stayed here a couple times in September 2011 for work. Overall, it's a great hotel, especially for the price in the area. There's a pool, nice breakfast buffet, updated rooms. (tip - ask for a room away from the highway, or you will hear road noise). There was an issue with noise from the neighboring room during my stay and management nicely called up to ask them to keep it down.

Only downside is that they charged my card incorrectly upon check-in, but Tiffany cleared that up in the morning (she obviously knows what she's doing - talk to her first if you have an issue).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, or you will hear lots of road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
tincat2, Director of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

To our guest from Mashpee, MA:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and noticing the cleanliness of our hotel.

The time you took to do so is much appreciated and we you choose us again for all future visits to our area.

Karen

Reviewed 3 October 2011

While traveling home we decided we weren't going to make it home that day so we decided to get a hotel. We were in New York and the choices weren't in our preferred range. found this one via Choice Hotels Android App. Made reservations directly with front desk while crossing the GW Bridge (sitting in STOPPED traffic).

Convenient to I-95, well lit parking lot. Looks like a newer property. Very clean, beds, shower and bathroom were great. Room was large and clean. Showered and sacked out.

After the experience the night before breakfast was a disappointment. We arrived at 8:30 and the breakfast area was NOT well stocked. Got a sour look each time I asked for more of any items.

Front desk staff was EXCELLENT, but the breakfast area staff was NOT. Hence the moderate rating for service. Half great and half lousy.

The hotel right off highway on what looked like a residential street. Did not see any restaurants near hotel arriving or leaving. Drove to 99 at exit 34.

Room Tip: Ask from room on parking lot side to avoid highway noise. Road side was not bad, but other side is...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

everyone is very friendly and helpful in this hotel. rooms are always very clean and plenty of plush towels are available

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
4.3 km away
8.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
8.7 km away
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!