“A good buy.”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Long Island, NY
“A good buy.”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

#rd time for my wife and me staying at the Stratford Comfort while visiting Sacred Heart University in Fairfield. The reason we stay here? Price, easy on and off I95, it's clean, rooms are nice size and layout, beds are comfortable, shower head is high (I'm 6'2") plenty of hot water, and most of all... the staff is super friendly and helpful.

Yeah, if you stay on the highway side you're gonna hear cars... ask for a parking lot side room. Breakfast is OK... the "Bold" coffee dispenser is the way to go. Lots of people were going for seconds on the make 'em yourself waffles. Eggs were eggbeater type, sausages were large patties and were actually pretty good. Afterall, it's a free breakfast.

We struck up conversation with one of the ladies at the front desk who hailed from the Bronx and being a fan of Arthur Avenue I mentioned it to her and she directed us to make a left out of the parking lot, go until the road ends (~3/4 mi), turn left, go to the first light (~.25 mi) and Gaetanos of Arthur Ave, Bronx is on the right by the light. Awesome italian delicasies, bread, sandwiches, cheeses, etc. Go there for lunch!

We will be returning to the Stratford Comfort Suites whenever we visit our daughter at SHU.

Room Tip: For a quiter room, ask for a parking side room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hampden, Maine
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We recently stayed here while attending a hockey tournament in Bridgeport. The desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. TV reception left a lot to be desired as did the computer connection. The room was large, clean and comfortable, with the exception of the limited hot water in the shower. The breakfast on Saturday 3/24 was poor to nonexistent, the attendant was not in attendance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Convenient hotel location off the freeway exit; residential area. Reasonable rates for northeastern quadrant. Clean but not spotless. No flatscreen TV. Computer in lobby is slow. Creaky hallway floors & squeaky flooring in some parts of our room as well. Big red stain (approx 10" diameter) in room carpet, like grape juice or wine spill. Time for carpet shampooing. Pleasant & bright lobby decor. Basic breakfast with waffles. I've been to a few Comfort Suites and they feel like higher end hotels, but I have mixed feelings about this one. It's not that bad and it's not that great either... overall, just O.K....

Room Tip: Ask for room far away from squeaky floors.
N Dartmouth MA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We booked this hotel for our stay before and after our visit to NYC. The lobby was really nice and the front desk staff seemed friendly. We were given a room on the third floor in the back of the hotel as requested. The hotel was really quiet, people wise. There weren't many staying there. Our room was a little worn and it wasn't as clean as I hoped it would be. The beds were really comfortable. The tv was the worst. It was something out of the 80's with horrible color. In this day and age with flat screens being so cheap it's unbelievable to have a tv like we did. Not that we were there watching it much. My sister was in a room next door and her tv was the same. When they say this hotel is close to the highway, they really mean it. Good thing we had a room in the back. We didn't hear any traffic noise. What both my husband and I heard was a weird vibration noise all night. We think it was coming for the heating units in the other rooms. Really annoying.
Breakfast was okay. Waffles, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt. They did have eggs and sausage one morning, ham the next.
All in all it was an okay hotel for the price we paid. Would I stay here again? Probably, if I could get it at the right price. It wasn't terrible, they just need to do some updating.

Room Tip: Ask foir a room in the back.
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Our usual hotel for our annual trips to NYC was running about $50 more per night so we decided to give this hotel a try. The rate was great at $81.00 a night plus tax. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The good: Rooms were pretty spacious and the bed really comfortable even though I hate full size beds. The staff was great for special requests. The hotel was really convenient to the Metro North train. The water pressure in the shower was great. The negatives: Our room was clean but not spotlessly clean. There were stains on the walls in the bathroom and cracked wall paper. The carpets were pretty stained. There is no fan in the bathroom. The heating unit woke me all night cycling on and off. When our unit was off, you could hear other units running. The heat is forced air and it is a stuffy heat. The hotel felt incredibly hot all the time. My husband checked the hall temp and it was set at 75. We requested a room on the back side of the hotel. We could faintly hear the highway. I would never recommend a room on the highway side. It is so close. The TV needs a serious upgrade. The breakfast was okay but nothing great at all, average. Overall, this is a good value for the money and I would stay here again. It wasn't awful by any means. It just needs some updating.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the highway side of the hotel.
1 Thank Msia52
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Stayed one night at this nice and reasonably priced hotel because I was in Stratford/Bridgeport for an interview. From the very start, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Probably one of the nicest I have come across recently (and I have been traveling up and down the east coast and midwest). The room I got was exactly what I was expecting - a large, clean, and comfortable room. No problems whatsoever overnight or the following morning. Free meal the next morning with your usual continental breakfast type foods. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay at again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Rhode Island
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a very nice, reasonably priced hotel, right off of I-95. We spent one night there. Check-in went smoothly, but when we went to the room, we found a cup with a yellowish liquid on the nightstand. I called downstairs and asked if the room had been cleaned. The woman working the front desk asked me to come right down and get another room. While I was downstairs, my wife discovered that the liquid was a deodorant..apparently the previous occupants smoked in the room and they were trying to get rid of the odor. (it did it's job...we didn't smell anything) Hope those people enjoyed smoking in the room...there is a $150 charge for doing it. Once we got our new room, everything was just fine. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable, with a king bed and small couch with a coffee table, a desk, a fridge, and microwave. We had a room on the highway side, but heard nothing all night. It was a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was nothing special, but serviceable. Checkout was fast and pleasant. This hotel is a nice spot to stay if you're on a budget but want a clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
4.3 km away
Red Roof Inn Milford
#5 of 13 in Milford
9.5 km away
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!