Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-05-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-05-21
FindHotel
US$77
SAVE US$13
Hotels.comUS$90
Expedia.comUS$90
TravelocityUS$90
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2020

When I was looking through the pictures, I thought it was going to look the same way as the pictures but it didn’t look like it at all. DONT GET SCAMMED! The rugs were awful, the bathroom didn’t look any better. We picked a non-smoking room and the whole inn smelt like cigarettes. I don’t recommend this hotel. There were bugs everywhere in the room.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn Torrington, CT, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2020

Dear Ariel,
Your feedback is appreciated, as it will help us improve. It is never our intention to mislead guests and we are sorry your room was not excellent. If notified during your visit, our team would have been happy to assist. We know we can provide the stay you expected, so we hope to have another chance to impress you.

Reviewed October 23, 2019

I have no idea where the advertised room pictures came from that are posted on line for this location because I was there twice this year and they absolutely didn't remotely resemble those pictures. I have never stayed in a dirtier, more run down, outdated motel AND have it cost $114 + USD is insane. We were there for a family emergency and all other hotels were booked, hence last resort, however, we will drive the extra half hour + away or even sleep in our cars before staying in this DUMP again. The filth is unbelievable. I honestly don't think either room we stayed in was cleaned prior to our stay. The cleaning staff should be fired. I took pictures both times. Its literally appalling. The lobby smells like a dirty ashtray, which should be a give-away to what is yet to come, as do the hallways and non-smoking rooms. The garbage cans are overflowing in the stairwell with empty alcohol boxes and bottles, a vending machine for cold drinks displays old soda cans that have been emptied and some partially crushed like they were pulled out of a recycling bin, with old dirty dried liquid on them. There is outdoor carpeting on the stairs and balcony that is stained and filthy. The lighting is yellow and dingy thoughout. The carpet in our room had so much dirt and debris that there was a 4 inch rock under one bed, video game receipts, pieces of food wrappers and just random dirt. The cloth chair in the room should have been thrown out. Our mattresses were smaller than the box springs, both had hairs all over them, our "white" bed spreads and sheets had large golden brown colored stains and the box spring had what I hope was a significant amount of ketchup, all of which was clearly visible. There was a large split in the wall, that room was thick with dust and finger prints and grease smears across the dresser. Large cigarette burn in the TV base. The heat wouldn't stay on and we were freezing all night. Last but not least, the bathroom...The tissue box is COVERED in rust.The toilet paper metal compartment holder was beyond crusty, dusty and rusted and just GROSS, as was the toilet with hairs and red liquid on the back of the toilet seat. The base of the toilet had dirt, hairs and dried liquids. The tile trim had large, dried, brownish-yellow liquid drips as did the floor, and in both rooms, the tub floor had a rectangular paper stuck or glue to it that if you lift was COVERED in black mold. I don't understand how the board of health doesn't investigate, or how anyone is posting positive reviews. The two rooms I stayed in were horrendous, appalling, disgusting and way overpriced. Lyscol, bleach, throw away sheets and clothing and antibiotics should be packed if you stay here. DONT DO IT!

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Notlieing
Tina_tai, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Torrington, CT, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2019

Dear Guest,

Reviewed September 23, 2019

Old, dated, just like every foreign owned hotel, pay a lot, nothing has been done in years! Burn holes in comforter. Pre-paid for pet room and at check I was asked if I wanted a pet-friendly room, WHICH I paid for already thru Hotels.Com, and I said I already booked and paid, then they said there would be a added $25 charge per night per dog. Then the girl said that's their choice to get that amount and they would only get paid for by Hotels.Com for room but they charged extra for dog, take it or leave it. With no choice, we had to pay. Highway robbery!!!!!!!!!!! Another place in CT did the same. All rip-offs, buying older run down places and just collecting rent, but putting nothing into them! Springs pooping out into my back from old mattress, stained rugs, TV that had no program guide just an old piece of paper of channels that weren't accurate, half didn't work. Place sucked!!!!

Room tip: Go elsewhere! Dump, the bikers tookover Sat night, Sweet!
Date of stay: September 2019
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Torrington, CT, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Dear Ken,
It's unfortunate to learn that our policy regarding pets wasn't to your preference. Transparency is vital so that there are no surprises during check-in, and we make sure that our policy is clearly stated during the booking process. We'll speak with our partner websites to ensure better communications in the future. We've also passed the concerns you raised to the appropriate team for their swift resolution. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so we can improve as needed. We wish you happy and safe travels!

Reviewed September 22, 2019

I reserved a non-smoking room for two nights for a family visit. The room was on the ground floor; this is one of those hotels where all the rooms open to the outside. The beds seemed okay and the room was sizable, but damp, dingy and depressing. The wallpaper was ancient and peeling off the walls in several places. The fixtures and furniture were similarly ancient. The bathroom wall was very odd, straight at the ceiling and curved where it went behind the toilet and met the bathtub. Worst, despite the non-smoking designation there was a strong stale cigarette odor in the room. The arm of the office chair fell off; the screws to attach it were missing. I needed to pull the bed away from the wall to have some place to plug in my phone charger. The floor under the head of the bed was littered with trash and lost toys (see photo); the rest of the floor under the bed was similarly filthy. Since it was late I (regrettably) decided to make the best of it, though I resolved to check out in the morning and reserved a room at the other budget hotel in town. The smell woke me up at 6 am and I finally decided to tell the management. The night manager reluctantly transferred me to a non-smoking suite which was much better, but when I mentioned I was moving to the other hotel, he responded, "Good luck! We're the better hotel." I didn't manage any more sleep because of the recurring sound of motorcycles starting up in the parking lot.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank NJ_Dave123

Dear Dave,
We cannot apologize enough for your experience. What you have detailed is way below the standards we adhere to in comfort and cleanliness, and we will make sure that our team views your thoughts and takes action immediately to bring our accommodations back up to our high standards. Please, forgive us as well for the response you received from a member of our team. We want nothing more than a chance to make this up to you.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

The room was a decent size, and included a mini-refrigerator and coffee maker. Unfortunately, there was carpeting in the bedroom, which I find disgusting in a budget hotel. The floor was very squeaky, and there was no mattress cover on the bed. The place was in need of a maintenance crew, but the problems noted were all cosmetic. I am pleased to report that this was the first place I stayed in weeks in which my non-smoking room did not smell like smoke.

A free breakfast was provided, consisting of coffee/tea/juice and all sorts of things made from wheat, with one exception (Cheerios) for gluten-free folk.

Date of stay: August 2019
RLResponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Torrington, CT, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent experience.
We are glad to hear that, despite all the other aspects of our amenities, you were pleased with the pleasant smell of our accommodations and the extra in-room amenities. We can assure you that your comments regarding the bedroom flooring and maintenance crew are noted and will be utilized for future improvements. Know as well that we have informed our housekeeping team of the oversight in cleanliness and missing mattress cover to ensure that all housekeeping standards and amenities are fully met before a room is occupied. Nevertheless, it is a joy to know that our breakfast was to your liking, and overall, your stay seems pleasant.
If you come across our property on your future travels, we hope you give us a chance to improve your perception.