“Good place, a bit pricey”

Cure Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Unionville
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

It aims for trendy, so expect a bit higher cost than typical equivalent food / beers. Most of food is typical upscale tavern, but they do have a few creative atypical items, e.g., chicken & waffle sliders, variety of French fry seasonings, etc. Buffalo wings are solid

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

So being a WH resident you get spoiled with fabulous restaurants but sometimes you need to ditch the scene and go somewhere good where you don't know anyone. Cure hit the spot. By the name you can sort of guess what they specialize in.....cure meat, specifically, BACON!! Infused with flavors, cut thick and bursting with porky goodness. Good selection of local brews and I personal love the hickory smoke infused dark and stormy with candied ginger. Brisket raviolis were yummy as well.

The Saturday night we went was packed and the hostess and some of the waitstaff were overwhelmed but fortunately the drinks, food and absolutely fantastic acoustic singer made it a great night.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Truth be told there is more than bacon, but you must get the bacon sampler if you visit. They serve flights of beer as well. The duck pastrami was amazing and is served on a sandwich ala carte. I enjoyed the collard greens on the side. My wife raved over the crispy eggplant sandwich. First time there, but will return soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

We recently had family up from Brooklyn for a 1st Time CT Weekend, so impression was important. Not intended to overshadow NYC, you never could, but to offer a different perspective of lifestyle. Especially to our new Expected Announcement!

They wanted to kayak and what better place in CT that the Farmington River? Besides a couple of additional rentals were needed from Collinsville Canoe & Kayak (CCK, yes that a plug for an old favorite, too!). All now leading up to our intended review, Cure Restaurant & Bar to continue our CT Outdoor Adventure.

I had heard much about Cure from friends. This was on my Hit List and I felt very comfortable visiting the first time with the Family and Friends. We were seated outside on the patio, beautiful late August Sunday afternoon. Our two well behaved "Barking Hamsters" were even invited to the table. They provided entertainment for the other diners.

The interior was nicely set for evenings and cooler weather. The bar was attractive and taps impressive with the standards and rotating locals.

We opted for the Brunch Beverage - Buffalo Bloody Mary's (tall of course) with a Bacon Garnish. Lunch was impressive with some of the following: Bacon Waffles, Chicken & Waffles, Summer Cobb Salad, Watermelon & Arugula Salad, and my jealous favorite Spicy Southern Benedict. Of course, there was one renegade that went for desert only - Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding.

Our service was gracious and right on top of the group. I hope to return for a Brew 'n Bacon Lovers Feast of my own.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Went to Cure for the first time for lunch today. We sat outside on the lovely patio, but the inside space was very pleasant too. The waitress was very friendly. We had the Cobb Salad ( very yumm) and the Pastrami Duck Sandwhich (Super Yumm). We also had a side of French Fries - huge and delicious, best fries I have had in awhile. The beer list looked great and had a lot of Connecticut and New England drafts. We will try an evening visit next time! Highly recommend!