All reviewsrelaxation roommain buildingthe main dining roomdining experiencesnew englandcountry houseexercise equipmentfour poster bedhousekeeping staffgarden roomfireplacecanopyantiques
Reviewed September 13, 2017

From arrival to checkout, the Grace Mayflower provided luxury service -- unobtrusively. Service at the desk, restaurants, and spa was responsive, thorough and gracious but never overbearing. Our room in the main building was spacious, well-appointed and well-lit. Lots of storage space. The bathroom and shower also spacious, luxurious and well-supplied. The grounds are beautiful and well-worth one or more strolls. The fitness centre has both an exercise studio and a cardio / strength training room. Breakfast on the outdoor patio is a joy. The Tap Room has great bartenders, a cosy atmosphere and good, informal food,

Room Tip: When you book lodging at Mayflower Grace, communicate the very helpful staff to choose accommodations that meet your needs
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

Dear GentleKnight,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, which I have, of course, shared with our team. Most importantly, though, we are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay, our country house, our beautiful grounds, our food and our service. It is always our intent to, minimally, meet, but, hopefully, exceed our guests' expectations, so we are particularly pleased to receive your kind and generous comments regarding all.

We do hope we may look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future. At that time, if I may be of any assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to call me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Again, many thanks for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa.

860-868-9466

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We stayed 2 nights. The staff was excellent, friendly, cheerful, and attentive. Our room had a fireplace and superb king bed with the standard 5 star linens for sound sleeping. We dinned at both restaurants and the food was very good. Spent most of our time at the Spa House. We could not get enough of the tranquililty that washes over you the moment you enter. Our services included a relaxing side by side Mayflower massage, private yoga for 2, and a wonderful Thai massage which is termed "lazy yoga." You can order a light lunch to be served in a dinning area by the Garden Room, their relaxation room. We had lobster rolls served with a small side salad and chips. For those seeking solitude, louging in the relaxation room in between services is perfection. The room exudes stillness, no music, just calm. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and wanted a quiet upscale, but not too fussy, experience. This was exactly what we got. Only 2 mild deficits we experienced were very poor cell service and well disguised plastic water goblets in the main dinning room. Overall, a wonderful spa week end.

Room Tip: Room 26 is a nice size quiet corner room, with a gas fireplace, king bed.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear ctgal2008,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your expectations for a "quiet, upscale expereince" were met, especially given that your you were here for a celebratory visit. We wish your husband, again, a very happy birthday and extend to him our very best wishes for a terrific year ahead.

Our team strives very hard to meet our guests' expectations and when we fall short, needless to say, we are most disappointed. Cell service, unfortunately, is a bit of a challenge in the country, particularly if one has a provider other than AT&T. We are, however, addressing the situation in the hopes that we can provide better service in the future. In regard to the plastic water goblets in the dining room, I am really at a loss. All our glassware in both the dining room and the Tap bar and lounge is Reidel crystal, so we are truly mystified. The only thing we can think of is that somehow one of the plastic ware glasses from the pool wound up in the dining room, but. then again, they would stand out style-wise from the rest of the glassware. We sincerely apologize that this was your experience and assure you we are researching the situation. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, so we might better insure guest satisfaction in the future.

I hope you will not hesitate to call me directly, if I might be of assistance with any future needs, reservations or other. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Again, thank you choosing Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa for this special occasion. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

With best regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful, elegant and beautiful place. First class service, ambiance and standards all the way.

My wife and I visited on a beautiful late August afternoon for a quiet birthday drink and light fare on the terrace. It could not have been nicer. In fact, the entire 2 hours we spent were truly spectacular in every respect. We each had a couple of vodka martinis and shared a couple of entrees, garden salad and chilled tomato soup along with olive bread and Parmesan bagel crisps. A warm chocolate brownie birthday plate, compliments of the house, topped the experience. Thank you Mayflower. Well done!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph P
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear Joseph P,

First of all, a belated happy birthday and thank you for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa as the site of you birthday celebration. We are honored and delighted and, most especially, thrilled that you had a memorable birthday, as should all birthdays be! We also thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience, which I gladly share with our entire team!

The Mayflower, indeed, is a very special place and has been ever since its inception in 1894 as a boys school, the Ridge School, and its subsequent conversion to an inn by one of its former students in 1918-20. Over the years, it has been enhanced and become an important part of the fabric of the community. Given our setting on 58 acres, amidst the beautiful Litchfield Hills, each season offers a special and unique experience. In summer, sitting on the terrace overlooking the Shakespeare Garden, as you and your wife did, the peace, beauty and tranqiluty of the landscape is what many have come to so enjoy and appreciate. We are fortunate further to have a wonderful chef and skilled culinary team to complete both the setting and the experience. We are so glad you found both to your liking.

We hope we may look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again and again. If I may ever be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to call me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to comment.

Have a wonderful weekend. Happy belated birthday wishes! May you have a terrific year!

Reviewed August 4, 2017

My wonderful wife treated me to a birthday trip to the Mayflower. We enjoyed a beautiful room, dinner and a day in the spa. From check in to check out, our stay was fantastic. The staff was extremely attentive and polite and catered to our every need. The bucolic setting made our walks on the grounds seem like strolling through paradise. The highlight of our stay was the hours we spent enjoying the spa and all it had to offer. Especially noteworthy was the Swedish message and relaxation room. Our room was well appointed and charming. The Mayflower is well worth the trip and we look forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RRRTravelers
Monica_Neumann, General Manager at Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear RRRTravelers.

And, likewise, we look forward to welcoming you back in the, hopefully, not too distant future!

Thank you so much for your very kind remarks, which, I assure you, have been shared with our entire team. We are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and found our Inn, Spa and service in keeping with your expectations. We constantly strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and are delighted to know that such was your expereince. We are especially honored that you chose Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa as the place to celebrate your very special day and extend, again, to you our heartiest congratulations and very best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead. Happy Birthday!

If I can be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to be of service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa. Happy Birthday! Happy Year!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

A great restful country house hotel - free of bling, screaming kids and overcrowding. You pay for what you get - understated luxury, enthusiastic service, an old-fashioned sense of summer joys - and very beautiful gardens. The pool was a dream. Yes not even remotely brand new but set amongst rolling lawn and majestic pines. And, at the risk of repeating myself, no screaming kids. You can hear the birds. The food here was also good - classic summer fare plus devilled eggs to die for!

So a winner all round really...

My only complaint was the bed - featuring an antique mattress so worn that it peaked like a mountain in the middle - leaving my husband and I clinging to our respective edges all night. For that reason I almost rated this place a 4 - but no - we really did love it for all the other great features.

A serene and lovely place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amsterdametje

Dear Amsterdametje,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. Be assured that we have shared them with our entire team and all are most grateful and appreciative of your considered feedback.

We are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay at Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa, our "understated luxury", the pool, our gardens, the majestic pines, your dining experience, the "deviled eggs"!

Nestled in the beautiful Litchfield Hills, Grace Mayflower provides the opportunity, as you have so eloquently expressed, for our guests to expereince life in the beautiful Connecticut countryside. Our goal is to provide our guests with a welcome respite from the noise and rigors of city life, an opportunity, if you will, to reconnect with nature, with each other, to restore and refresh. We are delighted that this was your expereince.

Our regret, of course, is that your bed was not comfortable. We certainly apologize for this missed expectation and assure you that we are investigating accordingly. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention, as it is always our goal to meet and exceed guest expectations on all levels. Certainly, a restful night's sleep is paramount. I wish we could erase this expereince, but, unfortunately, we cannot. We can only apologize and hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again.

We do hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back, and, at that time, when you are considering a return visit, I hope you will not hesitate to call me directly, as it would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservations.

Again, many thanks for your comments and for choosing Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa.