All reviews bistro restaurant room was clean parking garage is road noise pleasant stay one night stay lobby wedding plugs starbucks driveway hallway refrigerator fireplace ct nyc
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard by Marriott hotel for a weekend getaway with the Family to visit a local Indoor Waterpark. The hotel was exceptionally clean and easy to locate. Not to mention, every single staff member on board was friendly, more than polite and helpful - I was so impressed by the pleasant staff! The hot Breakfast Buffet was also great; there was so much variety to choose from. My husband and kids couldn't get enough of the indoor pool and I myself really enjoyed the hot spa tub adjacent to the pool. Overall this is a very nice hotel, I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Courtyard-Waterbury, Senior Sales Manager at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

We hopre to have your and your kids back for a dip in our heated pool soon! Thank you for the review!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here 12/10/11-12/11/11. The hotel was very close to the interstate and there is free parking in a garage directly adjacent. The staff was friendly and our room was clean and spacious. We also used the pool and hot tub, although it appeared that the fitness center was closed for renovations. Overall, we were very pleased with our decision to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Very clean hotel but the service wasn't really there. Staff seemed to be busy in their own thoughts.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank travelingdude81
Courtyard-Waterbury, Senior Sales Manager at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I am quite pleased you found our hotel to be well kept up. We have a very dedicated housekeeping and maintenance team that we are truly proud of. We will continue to work with all of our employees to ensure they possess the service essential to make you feel at home.

Best Regards,

Tiffany Miles.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night in early November while driving through Connecticut. The hotel is easy to access from the highway, the room was clean, offered great service and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Courtyard-Waterbury, Senior Sales Manager at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are happy to hear you had an effortless stay at our hotel. WE hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here one night due to the October winter storm and power outage. We were looking for a warm place to sleep and hot water. The trouble started when I was checking in. I was at the desk and the customer service person was so slow. Plus, he kept answering the phone while I was attempting to check in. The entire process should have taken 10 minutes, but it lasted about 35 minutes. The hotel has a free parking garage that is secure at night, which was nice.
When we walked into the room it seemed clean and the linens matched the walls/decor. However, the room seemed outdated and the improvements were superficial (like linens). The paint/walls in the shower were cracking and peeling. The heating system was so old. It wasn't a digital display and the thermostat didn't work. We turned the heat to cold and the AC on, but there was no relief. The room must have been 80-85 degrees. It was so hot that we were sweating.
Also, because the hotel is located in downtown Waterbury, it is extremely loud all night. We opened the windows to get some cool air in, but had to close them because of the noise. There is street noise, yelling people and loud clocks all night long. Overall, it was horrible and we couldn't sleep at all. We left the next morning wishing we had stayed in our house without power & heat (39 degrees at home).
Lastly, we had made our reservation using Hotels.com and paid at the time of booking. A few days after we checked out the hotel charged us for the room. This was a second charge in addition to the fee we paid on Hotels.com. I called the hotel to have the second charge removed and they didn't apologize or even explain the mistake. They did remove the charge.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Your reviewed is appreciated by the hotel. We were glad you were able to book a room at our hotel during the power outages many surronding cities suffered during the 1st snow storm of the season. As you know many people were without power. In fact we had a waiting list of over 100+ guests and that impacted our heavy phone traffic we experienced. We are thankful as alot of our staff members over extended themselve 16+ hours a day to fulfil the unexpected demand we received. Our renovation was complete in 2008 and we spent over 4+ million remodeling the entire hotel, guest rooms, restaurant, banquet space, in addition to the wallpaper, paint and linens. I am sorry to hear about your billing issues and am very thankful the issue has been corrected. Again, thank you for your feedback.