“Nice hotel and great service”

Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We booked a bunch of rooms for a wedding and they gave us a break and took awesome care of us. All the rooms were clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone that's in the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2015

A great hotel in downtown Waterbury Ct. Staff great and very helpfull in getting us where we need to.go. We got an upgrade to really nice room...If you want to be downtown this is your place. Breakfast was good....

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I recently stood at the Marriott for one night and my experience there was horrible. I used to stay there a few years ago with my parents and they definitely downgraded since then. It was loud and noisy from the construction working. We were not aware of not being able to go swimming in their pool because both the pool and whirlpool was under construction also. There used to be breakfast buffet and now you have to pay extra for one plate of an okay breakfast. Me and my fiancé payed the same amount of money the next night at Hampton in and got a pool, workout room, free breakfast buffet better television channels and it was nice and peaceful. Would never recommend Marriott hotel in Waterbury to anyone and never will I ever stay again.

Stayed: October 2015
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Tripadvisor member,

I regret to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our sincere apologies for the disruptions you experienced during your stay dues to the renovations. We hope you return as we are concluding the project, so we ca show you what a gem our hotel and staff truly are.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Ate in the Bistro at the Waterbury Downtown Courtyard on Sunday (10/18) and had a great meal! The turkey club and cole slaw were very good and reasonably priced. Service was excellent- Amanda & Ann were knowledgeable of menu details, prompt, & pleasant. Overall, an excellent experience!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted you had a wonderful experience dining in our Bistro! We hope you visit us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2015

My company's corporate headquarters are in Waterbury, and this is my go-to hotel whenever I need to stay overnight. Very clean, updated rooms and excellent breakfast (not included but a minimal charge). Staff is very friendly and accommodating with early check-in/late check-out.

The adjacent Italian restaurant, DÓrio's, is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank SavvyTraveler618
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear SavvyTraveler618,

Thank you for your loyalty and continuously choosing our hotel for your business travel. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to Waterbury!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I here as a block of rooms for a wedding. They are currently remodeling. We were in a very nice remodeled room, The staff as at all Marriott hotels,very nice and courteous.
We had a wedding to go to the next day, checked in at 10pm. I noticed that there were seven wedding parties using the hotel. We turned in at 11pm to be ready for an early day wedding. We were woken up at midnight by a group returning from a wedding. They were all in the hall outside our room shouting talking loudly and rowdy. They were obviously drunk. I tried to ignore this hoping they would quiet down and go into their rooms. At 12:30 I called the front desk and asked that they do something so we could get some sleep. They said they would send security and that this was not tolerated. I had to call down 4 more times and finally insist that the police be called before the party in the hall ended at 2AM. Now we were refunded for our room, I do appreciate it. However, it was unacceptable it took that long to shut that party down.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Dear David P,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. I am disappointed to hear other guests disturbed your stay and that it took so long to get the group under control. We do not promote this behavior with our guest. I am pleased to hear you were compensated and overall found the hotel to be pleasant. We hope you visit us again when your travels bring you to Waterbury.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

this is an establishment catering to the business traveller. You are not encouraged to venture in the neighborhood if you are a female traveler after dark. Parking convenient. The staff is courteous. Interesting menu at hotel restaurant but acoustics are horrible. Grab a booth with TV and you will survive.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Courtyard-Waterbury, Director of Sales at Courtyard Waterbury Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

Dear Patcal4,

Thank you for sharing your recent feedback on your hotel stay. Our hotel caters to the business and leisure traveler. I am glad you were able to interact with out hotel team and saw how amazing they are! It sounds also as if you loved the unique menu in the Bistro! Thank you for sharing that. Sorry to hear you felt there was an acoustic issue, I will definitely share with my team that particular feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Warm Regards,
Tiffany Wilson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
2.8 km away
13.3 km away
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington

Been to Courtyard Waterbury Downtown? Share your experiences!