“Great dining and service experience.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Whooster Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #108 of 323 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed June 8, 2016

I had an extended lunch, and I am always looking for new places to eat. I was headed to a specific place when I saw Whooster Pizza and Pasta, so I thought, why not?

There were a few people in there, mostly older, obviously local. The décor was nice, the restaurant was clean, the waiter was friendly. I got a menu with the lunch specials.

I was amazed by the lunch specials. For $5.95 I could get a nice range of entrees. Lasagna, a chicken dish, a veal dish, cavatelli, etc. And for $1 more you can add either soup or a salad. The meal also comes with warm bread and butter.

The portion size was very good. I chose the lasagna and added the soup for $1. I had the pasta e fagioli. A nice size bowl which went perfectly with the warm bread. Both the soup and lasagna were delicious. I also got a can of soda. All this for under $9. I would have spent that or more at a fast food joint.

Their menu also includes a variety of wings, several apps, salads, hot and cold grinders, wraps baked stuffed pastas. There is also a mix and match pasta and sauce. Choose from a variety of pastas and sauces, such as broccoli with garlic & oil, mushroom or red pepper sauce, Bolognese, vodka cream sauce, carbonara and alfredo to name a few. There are also some nice chicken dishes, steak and veal dinners, seafood and of course a variety of pizzas and calzones.

Check out their website for a full menu. The prices aside from the lunch specials may be considered a little spendy, but considering what I got for $6.95 I'm sure the portion sizes are huge.

Reviewed February 17, 2016

L M.
02/17/2016

This used to be my go-to pizza place, but tonight's pizza arrived raw in the middle with a tough, chewy, outer crust. The topping just slid off of the under cooked dough. I called and the man I spoke do was NOT willing to accept any blame for this nasty pie. I was told for a to-go order, one needs to order extra crispy because it gets soggy in the delivery bag. (Too bad the lady who took my order did not pass on that gem of information) No apology for the disgusting quality of my pizza, but he did offer to resend another pizza (at this hour, it would be too late to eat by the time it arrived) My family had ordered "to-go" from Whooster for many years and were never disappointed.....until tonight! I am searching for a new pizza place!

Reviewed January 30, 2015 via mobile

First of all: If you're new in town find DOMINIC & PIA'S. That is the BEST in Waterbury- but they don't deliver. They're worth the trip. I've tried to be a loyal Whooster delivery customer for 5 years now but the service is so bad it's not worth it anymore. Delivery takes forever and they screw up my order all the time- and give NO compensation. There's a lot of great pizza in waterbury- shop around!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I haven't been here in years but 9 of my family members and I wanted to sit in a pizza restaurant and eat. We picked Whooster and were pleasantly surprised. The pizza really WAS delicious!! I love New Haven style pizza and this is darn close. The sauce was so tasty!! The crust nice and thin! Everyone in my family was very satisfied and we are a seriously picky bunch. I would definitely go back for the pizza. I also remember their steak and cheese grinders being really great but haven't tried those in years.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Good variety, but pizza is inconsistent depending on chef