“A Wonderful Respite!”

Nino's Trattoria
Ranked #10 of 331 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Nino's is right off of I-84 east or west. Full Italian restaurant with many Italian specialties. We also make our own bread, pizza, specialty breads, and pasta. Make us your "go to" place for a night out, lunch, birthday, anniversary, wedding celebrations or bereavement affairs, etc.
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This is the 2nd time we stopped at Nino's on the way home from a long trip. Tired and hungry, we remembered this nice Italian Restaurant was right off Interstate 84 & easy to get to. Although always busy, we were seated right away. There is good parking in their lot. They are so welcoming & our waitress, Ashley, was adorable & very helpful. We received our bread & salads right away. The entrees were huge! We took home a lot of food. My husband had past with meat sauce & I had the garlic & oil pasta. For dessert, we shared the scrumptious mousse cake (they added a candle & a song for my husband's birthday!)...this is a nice comfortable family restaurant.

Jane C, Owner at Nino's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We had dinner here tonight using a gift card given to my husband for his birthday. Hadn't been here in years! Inside the decor was exactly the same! We were greeted very promptly and very friendly. Our waitress was Caitlin who was very friendly and attentive.
The food- salad greens were a bit wilted and a little brown at the stems but ok. Bread was brought right away and just a little warm and very good!! I had the lasagna with a glass of Malbec wine- it was ok with homemade pasta but I wasn't fond of the sauce and my husband had the mussels over pasta with a glass of Chianti - he said it was good. The bill was approx $48.00 with tax. When we left at around 6:00pm it was very crowded. We may visit again. It seems to be very popular for take out and eat in.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in about 8pm. Having a late dinner after our drive back from Gettysburg, PA. Very friendly staff. Great food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I love this place veggie pizza, is the best in town.
The special ingredient is the eggplant that give this veggies pizza it unique flavor

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Stopped here for lunch at 3PM Sunday. Was told they now served dinner. Nothing special or good. I ordered a plate of small Caesar with my two appetizers, the waitress told me it would be a dollar extra. That was nothing, when salad came it was house salad and Cesar dressings. LOL. I did not say anything. When my shrimp bruschetta came, it was a piece of bread top with a mound of sautéed spinach, with three nice size shrimps and few slices of mushroom. My second order of appetizer was fried smelts ( like fried sardines), no taste even salt. The waitress asked me if I want tomato sauce for the fried smelt, I said yes. When the bill came , charged $2.00 extra , hello! My husband ordered, papardelli with bolognese sauce was a huge bowl, pasta was soft not al dente! Cappuccino was good!

1  Thank peony09