All reviews valet parking superior king whole foods attractive room valet staff throw blanket upscale hotel every request artisan restaurant fantastic stay restaurants and bars perfect hotel conference room hotel experience on site restaurant hartford area complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visit West Hartford regularly to visit our son and his family. It's great to have such a nice hotel nearby. We used the courtesy car a couple of times and it was very helpful. Also, the complimentary breakfast was quite good.

I really like the decor and the room is well appointed except there needs to be more drawer space. There are only a few small drawers in the nightstands. But, there is plenty of space for some drawers below the TV. When staying in a hotel for several days, I don't like living out of my suitcase!

Looking forward to our next stay ....

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
DanielCoggins, General Manager at Delamar West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice review of Delamar West Hartford. We are so happy to hear you found our hotel and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Delamar was an excellent choice of stay for our family. My daughter got married last weekend and the service was phenomenal and Mr Sedek, the manager who helped to coordinate some stuff for the bridal party was very helpful and followed up to be sure we were satisfied. I would highly recommend staying here whether the bride in their beautiful bridal suites or the family in their spacious, comfortable rooms.
Thank you to all the staff at the Delmar for being a part of my daughters special day.
Sincerely
Norton family

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review of Delamar West Hartford. We are delighted to hear your daughters special weekend was so memorable and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again in the future. Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Stayed for one evening last weekend. This is easily the nicest hotel in West Hartford. The entrance, lobby, bar and restaurant are wonderful. We had two fantastic experiences - We used the car service - our driver Ronnie (sp) was excellent. Very personable and a good driver. Knew his way around he traffic. in the bar - Maureen - outstanding service. Handled everything perfectly.
Why the average - the room - very large - lovely bed. No desk? No comfortable sitting chair or love seat? large areas of empty space that could easily have something to sit on. Outlets all over the place but no tables or anything to place the item you might be charging. the room rate is very high for the area, its a beautiful building, but as a business traveler, I need a place to charge my items and I dont want to sit on the bed to relax and read or watch TV.
As for the front desk - there were regularly several people - as many as 4 at the desk. Even so they arent friendly. Walk in the entrance, no one looks - can we help you, welcome back etc. Rode the elevator with two managers, they got on 1R and off at 2R - they had clipboards,, talked betwen themselves - not even a good morning or eye contact. Lastly - at checkoput the usual how was everything, I mentioned the room and got very half hearted sorry.
My impression - the hotel can do better, way better. Watch how the front line acts with the customer. you can learn something and yes - get some comfortable chairs ad a few tables/desk in the room

Room Tip: use car service under 5 miles - parts of Hartford is under 5 miles
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your kind words about our beautiful new hotel being the nicest in the area. All of our guest rooms have a large table with chairs that is ideal for either dining (room service) or use as a working desk for our business travelers. The only exception to this is our Double Queen rooms (designed with families in mind) which is perhaps the room you stayed in? I am looking into a solution for these rooms as well, so that they are functional for both business and leisure travelers alike. You are correct there are multiple charging stations throughout the room, but the most convenient are the charging outlets built in to the bedside tables (where you can rest your phone etc), they are not immediately obvious so I apologize this was not pointed out to you by a member of our team. Regarding our personnel, being attentive to our guests needs and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere is a fundamental part of our guests experience and I apologize that we left you with a negative impression. I will share your feedback with the team so that we can learn from your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to have you stay at Delamar again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I recently spent one night at this hotel and it exceeded all expectations. I had accidentally booked my room for the wrong night and upon showing up, despite being at nearly full capacity, they were able to accommodate me with an upgraded room at a great rate. The lobby, restaurants and room are beautiful, unique and well maintained. The service on all fronts was excellent from the valet staff, to the front desk staff (Ryan) to the restaurant and housekeeping staff. The hotel is conveniently located off of 84 and the area of West Hartford surrounding the hotel is really cute and very walkable. Would definitely recommend for a girls trip or couples escape. I didn’t get a chance to try the spa but next time I return I plan to. Thanks for a great stay, Delamar!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review of Delamar West Hartford. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations.and look forward to welcoming you back again soon..

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Rooms are wonderful, mine had a balcony overlooking the courtyard of bar/restaurant. Enjoyed sitting there listening to music while prepping for my next days meeting after dinner. Breakfast is great, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries and bagels with coffee, tea and juices. Staff is friendly and helpful, we were a group of 10 with other co-work groups over 40. They suggested evening venues (check out the escape room Skelton Key and cocktails at Deadbolt located next door to Skelton Key) within walking distance. I used their courtesy shuttle on several occasions. Service was above and beyond.

Room Tip: If you do not like music or chatter request not to be over bar/restaurant are. It was quiet by 10ish.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
DanielCoggins, General Manager at Delamar West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review of Delamar West Hartford. We pride ourselves on being a great destination for corporate and leisure guests alike and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.