“Best Pho Ever”

Pho 68 Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 201 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 24, 2016

A friend of mine, after hearing some people at her gym, rave about Pho 68 invited me to join her for dinner. Our expectations were met.

The Pho was delicious, especially the broth -- best I've had. The pancake was quite yummy, too, and light -- not a heavy floury batter. In fact it seemed mostly like it was thinned egg. Very tasty.

This is a medium sized restaurant and reservations are not necessary. Sadly, on a Friday night, only three dining groups visited while we were there. The staff is friendly. The place is clean.

Vegetarian options are available (but not of the Pho.)

1  Thank SarahS1972

Reviewed April 13, 2016

The food here was very nicely prepared and delicious. The pancake was about 50% bigger than the waitress said it would be; portions were ample in general. The waitstaff was anxious to help us enjoy our visit and were very accommodating. For example, when I couldn't choose between two types of spring roll, the waitress split the order so that I got one of each. The menu is large, and the waiters will help you navigate it. The décor isn't fancy, but it's pleasant, clean, and nice enough for a low-key date. Decent parking along the side of the building (the side closest to New Britain Avenue). Prices are very reasonable. We will definitely return.

1  Thank ConnecticutLocavore
Reviewed November 19, 2015

I have been a frequent customer of Pho Boston, I had read some good reviews of this place and tried it last night. I am switching restaurants. The physical restaurant is much nicer and more quiet. The service is better, and the food is better. Similar menus, this has less numerical choices but more variety in the end. Really great Vietnamese food.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed October 28, 2015

We had a great surprise from this place. The restaurant itself is well decorated and in a modern asian setting.

The menu is large and offers a variety of options, to many tastes. Do ask about items that they offer outside the menu, like their fried rice and Pho Ga (Chicken Soup), one of my favorites.

We started with the Bahn Mi, which we shared amongst the three of us. The bread was perfectly toasted and the pork just supreme, for $3.75 it should be a to go for lunch for any budgeted and intelligent individual. I will add a fried egg for and additional dollar.

Then I ordered the shrimp soup and my daughter the meatballs soup. The broth was, simply put, extraordinaire. Right size for one to finished with feeling bloated. Strong flavors and of course the side of basil and bean sprouts.

I ordered the fried rice to go, it was ok, the portion a bite small. Nevertheless, the cold is coming soon, take a chance a try something new, the soups made the Vietnamese food famous, then why not do something different and new.

Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

So we stoped by this great Vietnamese restaurant and were amazed by the service and food.

We started with the spring rolls which were perfect loved the two spicy sauses. Then had the chicken wings which were flavorful. My husband had a noodle soup which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had some wonderfully marinated tender pounded beef with fried rice. I was so full and the portions so plentiful the waitress questioned me about whether it was satisfactory? I love it when was the last time that happened ? We took it home and will eat it soon. The food was tasty, service attentive and caring how could you go wrong? Price point good too.

I will be back