“Ballet Among the Pies”

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #23 of 179 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Living the dream here folks! Having a Pepe's in the Hood is so fantastic. Granted this isn't nor will ever equate to the original Pepe's at least the drive is much shorter. The pies are just as good and as the wood fired oven gets more seasoned they will only carry that same aroma and flavor.

I prefer carryout on most occasions. The dining room has ample seating, but the atmosphere can be a little hard on the eardrums. My secret to carryout is not to phone in, unless it's a big order, but to arrive unannounced on an off time. Place my order then enjoy a draft while I watch the Ballet of the Pie Chefs.

Ballet? Yes, if you haven't been, you must. The way these fine artisans orchestrate their movement among one and other with the pie "paddles" (for lack of a better word) and long staffs is amazing. Honestly, its better than Dancing with the Stars, not that I watch, no really!

There are newer reviews for Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Recently ate here while visiting locally. Lines were long and service a little slow, but enjoyed the pizza and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

A local icon. Long lines, coal fired brick ovens, tasty pies, very busy, lots of locals, great service. A must for every ones restaurant bucket list.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I've never had a bad pizza from Pepe's (New Haven). I can't say that after my first visit to the West Hartford shop. I guess it's unfair to call it 'bad', ... perhaps 'disappointing' is a more appropriate term. I know one of their secrets is thin crust and another is a hot oven. Unfortunately, one dictates that caution be taken with the other. Burnt crust (yes, charcoal quality burnt). I won't call them out on what I thought was a minor lack of enough tomato sauce ... it was probably measured, but between the two, the result was a dry, "crackery" pizza. I'm not sure I'll risk another visit here. Had it not been a take-out order, I would have returned it, but an 11 mile drive wasn't worth it. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I've been to the West Hartford and Manchester locations several times each. I love their pep pizzas. My kids adore the food here. The only drawbacks are drinks aren't Pepsi/Coke products, and their pizza has a lot of sodium and carbs. A great spot for family lunch.