“Excellent job accommodating food allergies”

Barcelona West Hartford
Ranked #6 of 178 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Set in the very center of the West Hartford shopping and restaurant district, Barcelona is located on Farmington Avenue amid plenty of convenient parking. Inside the main dining room, dramatic artwork accents the walnut and industrial design of the room. Above this room is a private wine room seating up to 14 people for intimate affairs. For private parties, the private dining room can accommodate 60-80 people. The outside patio has a radiant-heated floor and its retractable awning encloses the area allowing for the space to be utilized all year. West Hartford is a restaurant mecca for the center of Connecticut and Barcelona is the Hartford Courant's 4-star choice for the best of the best.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Went recently for brunch. My husband and I ordered 5 or 6 tapas and we were quite full at the end. The outdoor patio is nice and with freak rain showers in the summer having a retractable awning is a great feature. The staff did an excellent job accommodating our son's multiple food allergies. They basically told us "tell us what he likes to eat and we'll make it." He had a reaction-free lunch, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our tapas, all and all a lovely afternoon. Thank you, Barcelona, for making eating out an easy experience!

There are newer reviews for Barcelona West Hartford

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We have dined at tapas restaurants in Europe and here in the U.S. and the food at Barcelona is very authentic. Service was great and the timing of the delivery of the plates was as requested. Only drawback was the outside seating was a bit warm (overhead fans would be helpful).

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Let me begin by saying I am a huge fan of Barcelona in New Haven, but how can it be that different in West Hartford you might ask.....I have been asking myself the same thing since visiting on Friday night. The atmosphere is mediocre, the tapas are less than that, the portions are EXTREMELY small, i realize that tapas are suppose to be small, however, they should at least feed one, right? Wrong! We ordered 8 different tapas, we were still not satisfied so we went down the street to Grants!
Never again Barcelona West Hartford.

Nevin X, General Manager at Barcelona West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hello There,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am very sad to hear that West Hartford was not your favorite Barcelona experience, and that the value was not there. I would love to hear more about your last experience with us so that I can share it with the team including Chef. Please reach out to me personally. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Nevin Xavier
Barcelona Wine Bar I West Hartford
971 Farmington Ave. West Hartford, CT 06107
T 860.218.2100 | E nxavier@barcelonawinebar.com

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Decide to reward the team, 10 adults, Decided to go Barcelona West Hartford, a Tapas Bar. What a great choice, the ingredients, great atmosphere, good quality food, and knowledge waiters, all the making of a great evening,
Started with a warm welcome, not over powering waiters, the new how to judge the tempo of the group, choice of interesting cocktails, there knowledge of the meals and what was in the meals avoided any allergy issue,
The cleaned, refreshed glasses perfectly. The meal was incredible, I was amazed a group of 10, not one complaint, not one criticism, every one enjoyed the food, Spanish Tapas,
I shall be recommending Barcelona to friends, business associates. I believe if you go you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Made reservations for dinner for two, birthday treat. Our table was on a very tight, high traffic area and asked to be moved. We ended up taking a table in the bar area. The food was very good but the night was ruined by obnoxious young women who keep standing in our personal space, flipping her hair around our food. Our waiter tried to make amends for the young women's behavior and the manager did address the problem and asked the young women to move for our personal space in order for us to finish our meal and I thank him for that.
In