“Good for Breakfast & Lunch”
Review of Effie's Place

Effie's Place
Ranked #27 of 184 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Effie's does serve dinner, but breakfast and lunch is their forte. Breakfast is the basics, with specials added, and the food is very good. Service is friendly and quick. Lunch is the same. Sandwiches are a good size as are the other items on the menu. You cannot go wrong by dining there.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Effie's Place takes pride in the food they serve and the atmosphere in which they serve it. They serve all three meals, but so far we have nay been there for breakfast. I strongly recommend the blueberry pancakes with REAL maple syrup.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Low-key restaurant with full variety of traditional home-cooked meals. Nice selection of desserts. Like a diner but with table seating. On-site or on-street parking.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Found on Trip Advisor because we didn't want to pay $40 for breakfast at the Marriott in Farmington CT.
You will find the most attentive and genuinely friendly staff at this place. Warm smiles and happy. The food was very good. I had French toast. Paid an extra $2.50 for the Challah bread. My husband had an omelet. The only thing that could have improved on it was to have warmed plates like I do at home but that is not a realistic expectation for any restaurant. We got there at about 7:45 am on a Sunday and it wasn't busy but a steady stream of customers increased as the minutes ticked by. Left at 8:30ish. One employee told me it is such a popular local spot that a line will form on Sundays. It has a lovely seating area outside, too. We are from VT and really appreciated the availability of real maple syrup for only $1.75 more. The fresh fruit bowl my husband had was substituted for $0.85 and it was really fresh and delicious. This is a keeper on our list!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Stopped at Effie's for a business lunch and was pleasantly surprised by its menu, service, and atmosphere. You will find a moderate selection of Greek options on the menu, and I chose moussaka for lunch, which came with a medium-sized side salad. The waitress was quick and polite. The food was fresh and prepared well. Parking is in the back of the restaurant, and Effie's was full during the lunch rush during the middle of the week. I'd be happy to try the breakfast menu if I was nearby to Effie's at the appropriate time.

1  Thank radiowitch