“Vietnamese Soup at its best”

Pho Boston Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 197 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

It been too long since I have been here. Just the smell of the tasty soup when I walked in was making me hungry. My favorite is the beef ball soup. The normal soup size is more than plenty and is a complete dinner. We did have the Vietnamese egg rolls with peanut sauce to start but it was because it is another favorite of mine. The soup comes with a plate of Thai basil, bean sprouts, peppers and lime slices so you add those flavors and textures. Plus depending on your taste you can add a squirt of oyster sauce and sararachi to the broth. Look forward to my next trip

Reviewed December 13, 2015

The establishment is located at a shopping mall and surrounded by a Vietnamese super market, travel agency, liquor store, and others. The place was packed with Vietnamese-looking people which impressed me that eatery had to be pretty good. As we sat, we were offered a pot of hot tea. From the menu, we ordered Cha Gio (Spring Roll), Goi Cuon (Summer Roll), Pad Thai, and Pho. Cha Gio was greasy; Goi Cuon was not fresh, Accompanying plate of Bean Sprouts and Mint were not properly trimmed. The rest of meals lacked flavors but texture of Noodles were very good.

In Summary:
Value: ok
Bathroom: Bad

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed December 9, 2015

Believe the hype. This place is legit. I come here all the time. Food is excellent and it's inexpensive. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Reviewed December 4, 2015

Pho Boston is one of the finest Vietnamese restaurant west of the Connecticut River. They serve authentic Vietnamese food in a friendly family environment. They are very busy during lunch during the work week and especially on weekends. All of the pho soups are winners! We have been going to Pho for weeks and always had a great meal.

1  Thank DaveL300
Reviewed October 31, 2015

Food here is fresh. Sauces are light and delicious. Soup bowls are very generous and definitely meal portions.