“Meh, not impressed”

Max Bibo's Delicatessens
Ranked #27 of 79 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed January 14, 2018

Stopped by for lunch. Big place, very clean. Sandwich maker barely acknowledges me and pays me little attention. Ordered the turkey dinner wrap. I wanted a small soup but was given a look and told to order that...down there. Okay, found a lady and ordered a small soup, got the large. It was lobster bisque so I shrugged my shoulders and dealt with it expecting a great soup. Took a bit to ring out, sat down and was in for disappointment. All of it was kind of bland. Sandwich was tasteless with way too much wrap. Cranberry sauce had no flavor, turkey a bit salty. Bisque was a huge disappointment with tiny bits of lobster being overpowered by the broth. At these prices this should have been a great stop but this left me sad. The local small chain deli is a much better choice. Pass.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed September 20, 2016

Food is all very fresh, each sandwich is made to order. plenty of salad options. small specialty salads are also great. Food is gourmet. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

The prices may be a bit higher, but if you prefer your bread to be free of Styrofoam and your mean to be truly meat, then you don't mind spending a bit more for a quality product. Great hard rolls and boars head meats with fresh veggies. Average sandwich was about $7.50. We got two sandwiches and a home made dessert and then headed to a vineyard for the afternoon. Great little find in Wethersfield!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Great food, made to order as you like it. Friendly people, nice seating available and you can order take out as well.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed September 21, 2014

I am a vegetarian and it's hard finding places that have great sandwiches but Max Bibo's meets my expectations every time.. I get wraps, made to order, and I love the taste..Every sandwich is lovingly made and there is quite a variety on the menu. We eat indoors or takeout and we love it!!

Date of visit: September 2014