“Good local sushi and hibachi”

Edo Ichi Sushi & Hibachi Steak House
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

A little hard to find. It's behind a flower shop. Food consistantly good. Habachi tables good for large groups. Drink specials for happy hour

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We enjoyed a delicius lunch at Edo Ichi today. Not being sushi fans, we ordered luncheon hibachi, which was brought piping hot to our table.Seasonings were spot on and enhanced by side sauces. (The ginger sauce is oh to die for). Staff was prompt and polite. Park around tha back and you can walk right into their spacious dining room. Edo gives the impression of “just another tiny Aisan place” from its entrance on Silas Deane, but once you are in the huge space of this fine restaurant, you can experience fine Japanese cuisine. Note: I can’t speak for their sushi because I don’t eat it, but selections appear plentiful and beautifully plated. Handicapped accessible from back parking lot.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Visited here on a Friday evening. Restaurant wasn't super crowded, got a table immediately.

Ordered edamame as an appetizer. Was plentiful. Sushi Deluxe as my entree. Came with miso soup and a salad. Sushi was fresh and tasty. Presentation was nice.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018

I am handicapped and can't go up stairs. So I entered from the top of the stairs. The Owner actually went and got my car for me and drove it around back as there is a lower entrance. Perhaps a sign on front door could tell customers to go around back and park. If you go in the road to the Post Office in Wethersfield, you will see the back lower entrance. I had never been there before so did not know and I am from out of Town.
The food could have been a little hotter. I had a Lunch special of soup, salad, 6 scallops and vegetables. And I cleaned all my plates which is unusual for me. I also ordered tea and it stayed hot the whole meal. I am not familiar with Japanese food so ordered simply. But next time and there will be a next time, I will ask my server for suggestions.
Go there and enjoy. I was suppose to meet a friend but we got our signals crossed up.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious with wonderful fresh flavors. The cocktails are also good with a wide variety of choices. The reason I am giving four stars instead of five is the service is slow. There are a lot of employees there as it seems to be a family run business. The problem is that they have very young children there who seem to get much more attention than the customers. They would be better off having one of the family members attend to the children at a different location.

Date of visit: March 2018