All reviews full kitchen living room front desk staff hot tub sitting area extended stay home away from home comfy bed great room complimentary breakfast small gym hartford area business traveler nice stay room was large oatmeal one night stay
Reviewed June 16, 2018

My wife and I stayed here one night as we were traveling to New England. The front desk person (Michael) was very helpful and friendly. Our king room was comfortable and clean. It was a large suite with a full kitchen (full fridge, microwave, cook top, dish washer, kitchen sink). The bathroom was roomy with a large walk-in shower. The extra towels and the French milled soap was a nice touch. There is plenty of free parking. There is a small Bistro on site with a full bar and a limited menu for lunch and dinner. We had the burgers on the night we arrived and they were good, and the waiters were very nice. There is an outdoor fire pit area with a grill. The free breakfast was very nice, with several hot food options. There was even a chef who was making personalized omelettes. Michael was back on the front desk in the morning, once again helpful and friendly. I had a minor concern with the way the hotel put multiple holds on my credit card (once for the night's stay, and again for the meal we bought), but the hotel accountant (Angela) went through it with me and assured me it would all come out right on my credit card after we checked out, and she was right. The hotel was generally very quiet, but we were there mid-week. I don't know what it is like on a weekend. We enjoyed this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you for the great review and sharing the details of our stay. You've pointed out many of our great amenities and I'm so happy to learn that you enjoyed them all. Michael and Angelina will be very happy and proud that you mentioned them by name. They truly are wonderful employees and we are lucky to have them. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

This was a last minute getaway to Windsor area of Northern CT.,and hotel was easy to find, with terrific service! We had a studio king bedded room. The design of room was perfect for us as a couple. We got to sit outside at courtyard for a cocktail before going to dinner, which was relaxing with pretty surroundings even though smaller, but also had a firepit for later in the evening! Lobby is an open area, uncluttered and nice to walk into as a guest. The studio had everything we needed plus more! A full kitchenette, 2 burner countertop cook area, full refrigerator and lots of cabinets stocked w/dishware, pans, silverware etc., Everything you would need if planning to cook in the room! The space for kitchen area was certainly large enough with a wood floor plus a small island w/2 bar stools that conveniently were stored under the countertop when not using. A large and comfortable wraparound sofa (sleep sofa). A unique room divider separated livingroom from King bedrm area which held a TV that could be swiveled toward sofa or turned the opposite way toward the King bed for watching TV! The divider had open shelves on either side of top part to store things, as well as wide drawers on lower part for clothing! No big gawky dressers in the room, so this divider served several options! Bathroom had sliding door which opened to a spacious area inside including a mirrored clothes closet w/convenient shelving from top to bottom inside of it. A one sink vanity with ample counter space and more shelving under one side of it. No tub, but instead a good size double glass door shower.I love Hyatt House properties! Perfect for a longer stay with the nice amenities. Staff at this property were all extremely welcoming and friendly. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a place to stay while in this area!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate the detailed feedback you've shared with the TripAdvisor community. Hopefully, you will be taking more last-minute getaways to our hotel Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Our party of 4 stayed here again for 1 night. The property is well kept and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was large with a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. Having 2 tv's is a plus! Prices per night are good and would stay here again. Complementary breakfast is good with plenty of seating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our staff works very hard to keep the place clean and well kept. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Come again!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Very clean, staff are friendly and kind and very helpful. Can’t wait to stay there again the next time we are in town. Will always stay there when we visit our son at University of Hartford. Breakfast is awesome, actually have an omelet station.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you so much for your compliments! My sister also goes to the University of Hartford and loves it - it's such a nice school. Glad you enjoyed breakfast and our omelet station. We can't wait for you to come back next time you are in town!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

A fantastic experience at the Hyatt House Hartford North/Windsor. I stay there every time I go visit my folks in Simsbury. The staff is always courteous, kind and helpful. Have never had a bad experience yet. If a guest does have a bad experience, it's their own damn fault.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

I really enjoyed reading your review and I thank you for your honesty. I'm so happy to hear you stay with us while visiting your folks from Simsbury. Hopefully we will see you again soon!