“Yummy....”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: phone 860-688-6429
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Have been here many times and never disappointed. Comfy spot for a nice dinner or lunch with friends. Staff is so friendly and efficient and food is delicious...big portions so there is always take home for later.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I had the stuffed lobster pasta and it was delicious. Everything on the menu sounded terrific. The beer/wine selection was very comprehensive. Though it was busy when we arrived (~7pm), we got immediate seating in the bar area. Our server was delightful. I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed November 1, 2017

We were in the area for the first time and chose Tunxis grill and pizzeria due to the good reviews it received on Tripadvisor. It was only a couple of miles from our hotel, so it seemed like a no-brainer. When we got to the restaurant, we almost turned around and went elsewhere, the parking lot was packed, and people were even parking down the side street next to the restaurant. But we figured it was a Saturday night, and any restaurant we chose would be busy. I guess a lot of people were there for take out, because we were were shocked when we were told there was no wait!
Very cozy, warm atmosphere, even though it was a BUSY Saturday night.
Our server was very friendly, service wasn't exactly speedy, but it was busy, and we weren't in any hurry.
We each got a drink off the specials menu, and had the Reuben eggroll appetizer, which was very good. I ordered Lasagna and my wife had pasta bolognese, they each came with side salad, which were on the large side. My Lasagna was good, different because they add pepperoni to the meat mixture. Makes it more spicy, just to warn you. My wife liked her dish, but she did say it was a little peppery for her liking. We both had enough left over to take home for lunch the next day, and we have big appetites.
Good value, would definitely go back if we are in the area again!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I called several weeks ago because our group always goes to lunch after a charity walk. I was happy to hear that we would have a separate room to accommodate 12-14 people.
When I first arrived this past Sunday there was no one to greet you. After a few minutes, someone asks if we are part of the group and was directed to the main dining area. We were seated in the back at 3 separate tables which makes it difficult to talk to everyone. Others in the group had ordered drinks and I assumed the waitress would come get our orders but she did not. The next time I saw her she wanted to take our food order. I explained I did not have a drink, but she had taken my son's and husband's drink orders but as they were are different tables, I was not aware and she seemed unconcerned. The food was good, but after the reviews, I expected it to be better. Then a friend heard water to turn to a large flow of water coming from the ceiling which would require a bucket. She went to find someone and there was no one around. After a few minutes, our waitress came back and made it seem like it's not big deal "it happens all the time when we get heavy rain". That statement was surprising and I wonder why it has not been repaired. I wanted to like this place since it is convenient to our home, but unfortunately, I don't see myself returning.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

Went to CT on a business trip. Walked down to the restaurant. Service was exceptional (Kelsey I think her name was), and my calzone was cooked perfectly. Was the best calzone I have ever had!!

Been to Tunxis Grill & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!