US$114
US$64
Quality Inn(Windsor Locks)
US$75
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanfull kitchenbi level loftthe lower levelwooded areascrambled eggs and sausageyogurtan extended stayextra pillowsoff the highwaybedroom suitehome away from homekitchen areanice propertythe staff was friendly and helpfulstayed here for one nightsix flags
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

First off.... I'm a Marriott Platinum guy.... the very nice front desk guy, upon arrival at 9:30 pm, failed to note that, mention an upgrade, or do any of there typical recognitions other Marriott properties do/provide.

I'm guessing that's because this is NOT a typical Residence Inn. It's more like

In addition, my account/reservation notes say "high floor not near elevator or machines". But they gave me a room on the first floor. And that I did mobile checkin at least nlt 8 am (and maybe the day prior) means that they can't say "well you didn't arrive until 9:30 pm, so you got the last room". Just unacceptable.

Now to my complaint. The room REEKS of cleansers and cleaning products. Like take 1000 of those cheap air fresheners you'd hang from your car rear view mirror cheap.

The smell hit me in the face, nose, and throats when I opened the door upon my first entry into the room. It's now almost 10 pm, and I didn't feel like complaining. So I sucked it up.

But after ordering and eating a pizza, my eyes and throats could still feel the sting of the chemicals, so at 11 pm I called the front desk and requested another room.

Of course I got the "we are sold out bs answer" that all crummy hotels give customers when they don't want to accommodate bad service.

So I had to sleep in a chemically smelly room.

In fact, I'm still here. It's only 7:30 am the next morning..... and I wanted to post this asap.

Room 711.

Btw.... for anyone who's read this far, this is NOT your typical residence Inn which all have the feel of a hotel. This place has almost bungalows, and has the feel of a motel.

Maybe that's why it sucks.

My first one star hotel rating on Trip Advisor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded July 27, 2017

Dear mcgonaglej,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do try to upgrade platinum members whenever availability permits and I apologize we were unable to upgrade you. I am also very sorry that there was a cleaning chemical odor in the room and I promise you that had there been a room available, we would have gladly moved you. I have personally addressed the odor in the room to ensure it gets resolved. We are the original generation of a Residence Inn and are meant to have more of a condo/independent feel than the modern hotels.

We hope you give us another opportunity to show you the benefits of the original Residence Inn design next time your travels bring you back to Windsor.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

We stayed at the Residence Inn (about 20 mins south of Six Flags NE) utilizing 10K Marriott points for redemption. It is a great value for redemption with the typical night being $150; upon arrival i was able to secure a 2 bedroom "loft" suite for our family which included 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and typical Residence Inn Kitchen area. The lofted 2nd bedroom area was "perfect" for my son and he really enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend this as a stop-over for 2 days at Six Flags, especially given the complimentary breakfast. If you can score the 2 bedroom suite, you're kids will be very "happy".

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Suite ideal for families, especially with upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 27, 2017

Dear Steve K.,

Thank you for the kind review. We are happy we were able to make your trip to Six Flags even more enjoyable. We love the more apartment/condo type feel of our rooms and they offer more privacy than your typical hotel room. I hope you come back and visit us next time you visit Six Flags.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

My wife and I stayed in one of the lofted suites on the property with a spacious livingroom and full kitchen. Felt like being in a townhouse -- a home away from home.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. Michelle and Jose helped us with our daily needs. Sashan hosted the thrice-weekly happy hours and remembered minute details about us and our plans in subsequent conversations. We were treated as true guests.

We hope to stay at this property again in the near future. 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2017

Dear MrMitchN,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear that we made you feel at home away from your home. Your feedback will be shared with the team to encourage them. Please come back and visit us whenever your travels bring you to the Windsor area.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I didn't actually stay at the property so cannot comment on the accommodations. I did however have a reservation last week which was booked by a government travel agency. Upon arrival to the hotel I was told that the reservation had been canceled due to HVAC issues in some of the bldgs. I was surprised to say the least and even more surprised when informed that I had been rebooked at a Sheraton in Springfield, MA. I understand technical issues can arise but not being informed of this prior to arrival was completely unacceptable. This could have been communicated back to my booking agency which in turn would have alerted me. I had no desire to stay further north or in a city with parking garage etc. Given I had no advance notice and with the PGA tournament in town I had no other options and ended up with an hour commute in the morning to an early meeting.
I hope in the future a similar issue will be handled differently

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Dear jillreagan,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the situation you encountered with our hotel. Unfortunately, some situations arise that require us to take rooms out of order because they are not up to our standards to give to a guest. In this case, the only hotel with availability was the Springfield Sheraton. Unfortunately, there was no contact information on your reservation for us to communicate the issue to you ahead of time, otherwise, I can guarantee we would have. I do apologize for what you had to deal with and I hope you give us the opportunity to rectify it if you return to the Windsor area.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Really like this Residence Inn. It is located in a quiet wooded area. With this updates in lobby and room it makes for a nice romantic getaway feel. Also, it is the residence in style where there are multiple two floor buildings that you stay in. Not a traditional one building hotel. This makes for more privacy, and there is no hallway noise. Also, breakfast was real good. Also, it is only 10000 points a night, which is dirt cheap points wise. Not sure how much it cost money wise, but points is an excellent value.

Room was great. Huge updated kitchen and bath. Huge living area with fire place. However, not sure where you get products for fire. Also, bed was comfortable.

For breakfast there is cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, waffle maker, eggs, breakfast meat, condiments and coffee bar. It was well kept up, and everything was fresh and tasty. The area was a little small though. Also, on weekdays it goes until 9 and weekends 9:30 AM. This was a little frustrating, for most hotels go until 10am or later.

So why I gave it a 3 instead of a 5? Staff were friendly, but check in process was long, with only one guest ahead of me. We did express check in where you come in, get keys and go. There was only one attendant, and it was around 9:30PM. I can see one person after midnight. So, someone called and asked a million questions about early check, so we waited 5-10 minutes to check in when it should of been under a minute. Attendant was nice and doing his job, so it's not his fault he was alone. Also, we didn't get recognized as a Gold Member.

So although the room was great, it did have flaws. Had to kill spiders and little bugs throughout stay. The big issues was it smelled like wet dog and urine a bit. We were too tired to go back to lobby to ask for a new room, so we dealt with that. So, be warned it is pet friendly, and your room may smell like a dirty pet.

Next time we're in the area I would definitely think of coming back.

Room Tip: I'd ask for second floor. Unless you're handicapped, there are no elevators to rooms due to layout.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 1, 2017

Dear Aaron O,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate you bringing the odor, length of the check in process, and lack of Gold Elite recognition to our attention. We have already begun addressing your concerns in order to ensure they are all resolved prior to your return.