“Romantic Setting, Exceptional Service at Le Tamarin”
Review of Le Tamarin

Le Tamarin
Price range: US$58 - US$105
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Walking into Le Tamarin you feel as though you are entering a small upscale resort at nighttime. The lush plantings and grounds create a romantic ambiance and the soft music helps set the tone for a one of a kind dining experience.

Arrival
We gave our car to the valet and went right in. Little did we know that he wouldn't be there upon our departure! Maybe we stayed too long, who knows! It wasn't a big deal as our car was nearby.

The service was exceptional. Attentive and quick to check on us, we had a great experience. Our waiter was good to suggest options when we asked and also was warm and friendly.

Drinks
Extensive cocktail offerings. I had the Chilly Marga. It was spicy and delicious. Would get it again. Others at our table had the bubbly and they loved it.

The food was top notch. From the bread and butter to the desserts. Just fantastic. The menu is seafood focused with global/French influences and we sampled an good amount of it.

I started with the gazpacho which had quinoa and pineapple in it. I loved it. The quinoa was a surprise which made the soup more substantial.

For my entree I had the Thai tuna with bok choy and spices. It was one of the better tunas I've had. Really enjoyed it. Smooth with no veins, the tuna was high quality.

Our friends had the whole roasted fish, which I believe was snapper. They serve it table side and plate it for you. Served with vegetables, they loved it.

Desserts were also really good. We had one of the tarts and the profiteroles. All of it was gone! Enough said.

Overall, we loved Le Tamarin and would highly recommend it to other diners. I would return next time in St Barths for another memorable dinner, even if the valet disappears after parking your car!!

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

If you are staying on this island you are probably accustomed to high end food service and ambience. This restaurant does not disappoint. The setting is amazing in a lush zen like tropical garden with reflecting ponds and uplighting. The menu is varied (especially for st Bart's) with something to eat for almost anyone. We had the appetizer "sampler" my wife had mahi and I had a huge ribeye that I could not finish. All were delicious. The owner was there and he was a gracious host. There is convenient valet parking right outside the restaurant. Excellent for both romantic dinner or a night out with friends.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were very impressed with the beautiful gardens surrounding this restaurant. The lighting contributed to a very romantic setting. We ordered a whole fish for two and were somewhat disappointed. It was good but nothing special. Our waitress filleted the fish for us but we both found bones in our meal. The best part of my meal was the appetizer. I ordered the tomato gazpacho soup and it was delicious. I guess after reading all of the great reviews, we just expected more.

1  Thank TravelerJohn48
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Take any negative review of this place with the tiniest grain of salt. We've dined at a lot of the restaurants here and this restaurant is one of our favorites. The restaurant itself is very charming. The staff are all very warm and friendly. The manager even brought us some tamarin to try, from their 250 year old tamarin tree. The food is divine. We've actually been back twice during this visit to St. Barts and tried new things each time--from the tartar and tempura vegetable app, to the chicken, the beef, and the mahi and divine desserts, all lovely. Definitely give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank BrandyGoatR
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My wife and I had dinner here last Wednesday evening, June 14th. We were in St. Bart's celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. This was our favorite dinner place during our stay. The food was amazing and the restaurant is beautiful and a great place for a romantic dinner. Our waitress, Justine, was warm, friendly and gave us honest great recommendations for dinner. If you go to St. Bart's, I highly recommend going to Le Tamarin!!!

1  Thank Stephen L