“Below Avg”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this place rather than eating in the hotel restaurant. I should have known it would be sub-par when I saw Chinese running a Japanese restaurant. I had some spicy tuna sushi and chicken teriyaki. An easy enough dish. The sushi looked liked it had been there for a couple of days and was neither spicy nor crunchy as I had ordered. I have had better sushi from Harris-Tetter or Whole Foods. The chicken must have been some kinda of institutional type delivery. It was bland, rubbery and over cooked.

The two waitresses were more engaged in a conversation with themselves than waiting on the two tables they had.

All in all. Sub par and mostly likely will not return when I am in the area.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

After a busy first day at a client I and my colleague were looking for a place to have supper. So we picked this place randomly. It turned out to be a very good little restaurant. They served very good food and the place inside the restaurant was good too. So don't be fooled by the out side appearance of the building.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Best place in town for Sushi and great drinks!! Bar is always fun to hang at!! The servers are very courteous and the atmosphere is very nice.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

I eat a lot of sushi so appreciate when it's great. Was this amongst the best - no, but for the area I was impressed.

I sat at the bar and was definitely among the locals. Nice atmosphere and pleasant service. I had the yellowtail in ponzu sauce and it was terrific. Followed with the 8 piece sushi and California roll and it was good. I'll eat there again for sure.

And the Springhill Suites shuttle took me back to the hotel

Reviewed May 19, 2017

I love this place! Excellent Sushi. Good lunch specials too. The food is nice and fresh and a good atmosphere.

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!