“Great Food, every time”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Description: Phone 860-2928888
Reviewed December 11, 2017

As we come twice a year to Windsor Locks, AZUMI is one of our first choice of dinner.
Like always the food was great, the fish so fresh, and the service is different, but very good.
I can only recommend, if you like Japanese food, to come and have a great experience.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant to have lunch I ordered a lunch special of sushi they brought a wonton soup that for my was disgusting the sushi it’s was so cold and hard that I think the premade never again really disappointed

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

This is another place recommended to my coworkers and I while in town for a week of training.

We were looking for a local hibachi restaurant and disappointed, when we were dropped off by our hotel shuttle, to discover they only had kitchen hibachi.

Most of the menu is sushi based, so it probably would have been a better selection over the kitchen hibachi we selected (chicken teriyaki).

I wasn’t impressed by the food and would have been okay with another restaurant for dinner.

I’m not sure if I would eat here again, but if I did I guess I would try the sushi.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

This is my go-to restaurant when I'm in the area. I seem to be there on the later side as it's usually fairly quiet but it also has a mixture of locals and travelers.

I sat at the bar and had a delicious meal which started with a generous portion of yellow tail in ponzu sauce. The pork gyoza was the best ever - hot and tender with little crunchy pieces of water chestnuts to add texture. Then I think it was the ocean roll. Had a nice chat with another lady who was having dinner before heading home a couple of blocks away.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this place rather than eating in the hotel restaurant. I should have known it would be sub-par when I saw Chinese running a Japanese restaurant. I had some spicy tuna sushi and chicken teriyaki. An easy enough dish. The sushi looked liked it had been there for a couple of days and was neither spicy nor crunchy as I had ordered. I have had better sushi from Harris-Tetter or Whole Foods. The chicken must have been some kinda of institutional type delivery. It was bland, rubbery and over cooked.

The two waitresses were more engaged in a conversation with themselves than waiting on the two tables they had.

All in all. Sub par and mostly likely will not return when I am in the area.

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!